Miami Vice 25th Ann. Party !

Tony D.

7/25Miami Vice 25th Anniversary PartyCome dressed in your best 1980’s South Florida attire as we celebrate 25 years of Crocket and Tubbs and the rest of the gang that redefined South Florida and Television. Included will be a screening of the original pilot episode, a silent auction of Miami Vice paraphernalia, plus other surprises. 6:00pm. Free with donation of hair care products to be donated to the Broward Partnership for the Homeless.Call for more info : Fri. July 10, 2009 Ft Lauderdale International Film Festival / Cinema Paradiso 503 SE 6th St. Fort Lauderdale Tel # 954.760.9898

You're closer than me!Dadrian, did you know that there's another city named Milan and it's in Texas? :)In alphabetical order, Milano often follows Miami so they're "close", but as as MV fan I HAD to calculate the real distance.Exactly 5349 miles (8607 km)!

...I'd go!

I'm tempted. (If no one else is going). My only requirement would be that no late night TV shows send any wankers to poke fun at anyone. If they send any of their lackeys - I'll have to take them down.

7/25Miami Vice 25th Anniversary PartyCome dressed in your best 1980’s South Florida attire as we celebrate 25 years of Crocket and Tubbs and the rest of the gang that redefined South Florida and Television. Included will be a screening of the original pilot episode' date=' a silent auction of Miami Vice paraphernalia, plus other surprises. 6:00pm. Free with donation of hair care products to be donated to the Broward Partnership for the Homeless.Call for more info : Fri. July 10, 2009 Ft Lauderdale International Film Festival / Cinema Paradiso 503 SE 6th St. Fort Lauderdale Tel # 954.760.9898[/quote']Sounds interesting but I have a lot of questions such as who is sponsoring and organizing?, are other TV shows and films featured?, who is expected to attend? PMT? a can of hair spray will really get you in? etc etc. I went to the Film Festival's web site and didn't see it scheduled. I'll call the number tomorrow to try to get some answers.

Cool.Thanks for doing that Jim.I'll look forward to hearing about their answers to your questions.Only have to lose another 10 pounds (make sure the Vice gear fits). I've got 2 weeks - no problem.

I called and the girl said she'll have more information on Friday. She said stars from the series are supposed to be there. Music but no food.I guess the sponsors are the Broward Partnership for the Homeless. I'll find out more Fri.

• Administrators

Let's hope for the people that can attend, they don't pull a "bait and switch" and tell everyone "so and so" is going to be here and then they say that they had to cancel at the last minute. Just to get more people to attend.

Hopefully, a member here can video record the events, the stuff for silent auction, and cast members, and either put it on youtube, or put it on THIS site for only members to witness!

Their website is very vauge.I'd like to bid on auction items online (then, after I win, share them with you all here).Can anyone email those listed under CONTACT and ask them to keep us up to date, and if we can bid in the silent auction online, or on the phone? (It will certainly bring more money for them if they do) They need to show the items online, and we can put in our highest bids. Can someone email them and ask these questions?

I'd like to bid on auction items online (then, after I win, share them with you all here).

"After I win", huh? But if I'm there, I think I may have a distinct advantage in the bidding process. I love competition. We'll still be friends when this whole thing washes out, right Coop? I like this - may even be a way to get you to South FL after all.

Yup - cancelled.This hasn't been a good year for MV related events planned for Florida. They have all bit the dust. Too bad.

As of today' date=' their website calander says the event is canceled[/quote']Well.....at least nobody outbid me on the silent auction. :rolleyes:

Under the "O"........................69,Ooooops sorry wrong game!I would have bid against you Coop so you wouldn't feel left out.

• Administrators

Well.....at least nobody outbid me on the silent auction. :rolleyes:

I would have had to use Monopoly money to out bid you. :)