The 'Big Chill' for Gen X

Viceman Cometh

I recently caught a flick on Showtime or HBO called "The Lather Effect," which was marketed as being a "Big Chill"-type movie for people who were teens in the 1980s. It came out in 2006. The name actors are Eric Stoltz and Ione Skye. Set in the present day, it's about a 30-something woman whose parents are selling her childhood home, so she invites all her old high school friends back to town for a "Come as you were" 80s party weekend, where they party like teenagers and send off the house one last time. In the meantime, relationships are tested, truths are revealed, etc., etc. Everyone dresses in 80s attire. One of the main characters spends the entire flick dressed like Crockett.The movie's tone is what I would call dramedy. There's some over-the-top funny stuff in the very beginning, but then it settles down into a very believable, poignant film. I highly recommend it to anyone from that era, or anyone with a curiosity about it.