Red Tape

Shill

Towards the end of "Red Tape" should Rico have arrested Macintyre (as advised at OCB) instead of carrying on in the undercover role? This eventually led to a bloodbath and the death of Bobby Diaz which could have been avoided

• Administrators

Tubbs: "If I pop him, his source is going to go so deep we'll never find him."Castillo: "I'm here, your there, it's your call".Tubbs: "Just find that leak!"{Or there abouts}

as Tubbs said: if they had popped McIntyre too early, his unknown informant would have gotten away. This was Castillo´s and Tubbs plan from the get. Besides, nobody knew there was a love connection between Mc and the informant (except the TV viewer of course), so they had to consider the fact that if the informant stays unknown he´ll continue the game with another partner and even more innocent bystanders could have been killed. Diaz was no bystander. He was a cop on a revenge trip and risked his life on his own will.The same issue came up in "Over the line" in season 5. They didn´t pop Stevens to get all the vigilantes plus the people in the background which resulted in a lot of people getting whacked.It´s easy to say retrospectively they could have done better. IMHO, they did the right thing based on the information base they had.

Tubbs: "If I pop him' date=' his source is going to go so deep we'll never find him."Castillo: "I'm here, your there, it's your call".Tubbs: "Just find that leak!"{Or there abouts}[/quote']Well remembered!Bobby dieing was just a mistake - the decision was the correct one IMO!

• Administrators

Bobby most likely would not have died if he had called it in and then went in as part of the team. He called it in but he didn't wait for backup, so his "Lone Ranger" gig is what got him killed.

It did make for a spectacular ending, although if I remember correctly, it was Lou Diamond Phillips who basically destroyed everything with his gun toting revenge stuff.

It did make for a spectacular ending' date=' although if I remember correctly, it was Lou Diamond Phillips who basically destroyed everything with his gun toting revenge stuff.[/quote']I have to say, though the ending was good, for some reason it made me laugh!!! Everytime I have seen it, it has made me laugh!The reason...Bobby getting shot in slow motion and as he's falling down he shoots the deck twice! That was hilarious!:D:D:D All in slow motion! If he hadn't shot his gun, it would have been better...

• Administrators

I think that was pretty realistic. After he got shot and he was dying, he reflexively fired his gun a few more times as he was going down. Not improbable if your just been shot three times.

I have to say' date=' though the ending was good, for some reason it made me laugh!!! Everytime I have seen it, it has made me laugh!The reason...Bobby getting shot in slow motion and as he's falling down he shoots the deck twice! That was hilarious!:D:D:D All in slow motion! If he hadn't shot his gun, it would have been better...[/quote']Missing line of dialogue from that scene:"Eeeek!!:eek: There's a rat as my feet!!!":)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,It's a great episode, one of the best, however the Alan Parsons Project tune I hate & it takes away from the finale for me.God that vocal is just awful !:eek:

Guest neworder
Hi all' date='It's a great episode, one of the best, however the Alan Parsons Project tune I hate & it takes away from the finale for me.God that vocal is just awful !:eek:[/quote']I watched this episode last night and I agree, the actual music is very good but the singing...not good, it prevents this ep from being a top 10 episode for me but it's still a very good episode.

• Administrators
Hi all' date='It's a great episode, one of the best, however the Alan Parsons Project tune I hate & it takes away from the finale for me.God that vocal is just awful !:eek:[/quote']Hummm...I always enjoyed the ending the way it was. I loved the music throughout the ep. Oh well, as they say "spice is the Vice of life." :rauchen: