Ridley Scott Will Direct Alien 5!

sredd

Ugh, Alien Vs. Predator. I Paid like $3 to see that in a theater, and still felt cheated (actually, someone else bought my ticket, and I still paid too much ;)!). What an awful movie. Anything Ridley produces will be better than that tripe.

• Administrators

Do we really need another one?1 & 2 were good, the rest went downhill from there.

• Administrators

A3 was decent and only because David Fincher ("Se7en" "The Game") has that Ridley Scott look in his films. Maybe Sir Ridley can make number 5 a continuance from #3 and skip over number 4 the way "Superman Returns" skipped right over Superman 3 & 4!With that in mind I agree that the franchise has worn out it's welcome.

ARRRRUGHHHHHHHHHHHH!Here we go again...I agree there Timm, it did go downhill...and very fast!The first one was good and the second was great. The third...not so good but the fourth was absolutely appauling! It's four hundred years in the future and Ripley is an mix of android/Human and alien or something to that effect. What the hell was the storyline about anyway. I saw it and have forgotten the entire plot! It WAS that bad! Now we are to be put into more torture and unbelievalbe plotlines that carry the tale to the outer limits!"F-man" you have a good point if they play with the timeline a bit , it might even be entertaining?Ridley Scott...use your remarlable talent for some other project please.I hate the fact that Hollywood needs to milk every good product with sequals which ruin it totally.

• Administrators

Sequels being what they are (this one being the 4th no less!) I'm actually shocked that someone of Ridley's caliber would even agree to do this film.

• Administrators

Alien 5 Update!According to an article in today's paper Ridley will indeed direct but surprisingly "Alien 5" will be a prequel! I think we may have something here!

Sequels being what they are (this one being the 4th no less!) I'm actually shocked that someone of Ridley's caliber would even agree to do this film.

No it's the fifth buddy...See how forgetable the fourth one was :)It was that bad...............................

No it's the fifth buddy...See how forgetable the fourth one was :)It was that bad...............................

Lou is actually right, this will be the fourth sequel (okay, prequel) to the original Alien film (five films total). I guess some people would even include the two Alien Vs. Predator flicks, I don't.

Never even bothered watching the AVP flicks.

Me neither.I saw the Pretidor one night at a bar with the sound down and only the video on. It wasn't that great so I never bothered renting the video from what I saw. Lots of blood and guts and of course the good guy was the last one to be killed but he got the monster before he got killed. Simple plot or a fairy tale for an eight year old.