Is This The Real Scarab?

DanJ

About one week ago a friend and I went to Flora's Eastside Pizza on 79th Street. You may recall this is the place where Switek and Zito roust Noogie in "Golden Triangle." You know, the scene where Noogie says, "'Don't boogie on The Noogie! Hear the news: Street's hummin' 'bout a flood that's comin' - China White at a price that's right..."Well we didn't see Noogie or S&Z, but as we sat at an outside table we looked across the street and what do we see? A very familiar sight! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talkin', and leave it the experts here to determine if this is the real thing:Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To Enlarge

• Like 1

not sure if it's THE one. there were a few of the MV models made my wellcraft. i've seen more than one with that logo, too.regardless of authenticity, it looks to me to at least be an exact replica, right down to the lights.thanks for sharing.stinger, you out there?

Great pics, Dan & I wish I was having a pizza there with you in that Miami Vice setting......Someday!My only question is why would a famous prop of MV be in a boat rack with all those other boats around & not, alone on display, at a famous MV Site. :confused:

• Administrators

Looks like it could use a little upkeep, but great find none the less!Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

A Great find , and near the "Golden Triangle " location of all places but this is not one of the MV Scarabs used in the show and atop a tatty boat rack - shame on the owner.But could be one of the replicas made, still extremely doubtful considering the bad condition, be real interesting to hear the story from the owner.

Definitely NOT the one used in the show.Reason: no swim platform used on the one in the show. 2- colour graphics are slightly newer, therfore could be a 1987-89 model???(need closer pictures of interior to be sure)3 - showboat did not say "Miami Vice" on the side of the boat!There were well over a hundred of these units made over a four year period with many engine configurations made available to the public. Whoever had that boat before should have his head given a good shake! Shame on him (or her) for letting the bottom go to pot like that! Both my boats are over twenty years old and have original gel coat on the bottom which I take very good care of every season. Whoever buys that KV is going to have a hell of a job on his hands getting that hull back up to snuff!