UK Gov to Start Installing Cameras In Private Homes

Richie Rich

The U.S. will need a bigger pail for any future bailouts!!!I didn't think that program was going to work to give incentive to purchase new???As for health care' date=' I am so glad I live in Canada......................................................end of soap box time.[/quote']Can we send the people without medical care to your country for medical treatment? We'll pay for the plane/train tix. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than nationalizing health care. ;)As for "Cash For Clunkers", a year from now, I wouldn't be surprised if the repo man has a lot of business. I think that a lot of people are trading in their "clunkers" for cars that they might not be able to afford. Especially if they lose their jobs. :rain:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• Frey

• timm525

• Administrators

Yep, the cars will be 'foreclosed' on just as the homes are today.I can't see taking my 'payed for' vehicle which gets 5 mpg less than a new car and trading it in on a new car and financing a huge payment for 5 extra miles per gallon.The gas difference on my paid for vehicle is still way cheaper then the gas and payment on a new vehicle.I must have been absent the day they taught this lesson in economics class at school. :confused:In the end, it is the total amount spent per month that needs to be calculated. That's what counts. That's what your paying out of pocket. Not the MPG!

Instead of spending a trillion dollars or more on health care, why not CUT costs?I wonder why when it comes to health care and reducing costs and affordability, the Government doesn't address "free health care for Illegal aliens", "greedy lawyers", and "caping ridiculous doctor / Hospital lawsuits?"When your in debt, you don't spend MORE money, you cut costs!!

Exactly, Coop. If you want to introduce "competition" into health insurance, you don't need to do it by adding a "public option." You allow people to buy insurance in any state in the country. In states like MA, NY, and NJ, you can only buy insurance from the companies in the state. That causes the price for insurance to be artificially high since they aren't competing with states like Florida and PA that have lower costs.If that were instiuted, prices would drop like a stone since insurance companies in MA,NY, etc. wouldn't just be competing within state lines. They'd be competing with EVERY insurance company in the country. If they want to survive, they'd have to adapt by lowering prices and changing what they do and don't cover. The same thing happened a few years ago when they did this with auto insurance. I live in MA and we had one of the highst rates in the country for auto insurance. I have a 2001 For Taurus, and I was paying almost $1,000 a year for auto insurance. Last year, when it got de-regulated, my bill dropped to $500.00 I just got the bill for this year last week. Only $374. Can you imagine what would happen to my health insurance premiums if we did the same thing? There's only one reason ANY politician would want a "public option" for health care: POWER.

Exactly' date=' Coop. If you want to introduce "competition" into health insurance, you don't need to do it by adding a "public option." You allow people to buy insurance in any state in the country. In states like MA, NY, and NJ, ..........[/quote']Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Frey but "INSURANCE" is not the way to go. Insurance companies only take your money and rarely give it back when you need it the most.Government health gives the opportunity for all to have equal expectations of reasonable health care.Just my two cents.......as I absolutely hate insurance companies and all that they represent in any form!sorry.......................

Las Vegas Hospital Driven Into Debt by 80 Illegal Immigrantshttp://www.rgj.com/article/20090816/NEWS12/90816011&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2FbreakingnewsJust 80 illegal immigrants needing dialysis driving this one hospital into debt. Imagine the cost of coverage for all 15 million illegal immigrants, and free medical care for all of them (part of Obamacare, by the way). The admin's own numbers are for 46 million uninsured which includes the 15 million illegals, all of whom they want to provide free medical care. That means a huge tax increase for working Americans.

If the Government says there are 15 million illegals here, then you know it's more like 30 million.Hostiptals, and schools are driven to bankrupcy becasuse of them. Courts are overwhelmed by illegals. (30% of all US inmates are illegals! 30%!! It costs a TON of money to house just one inmate.) Competeing insurance companies are much better than a trillion dollars more added to the trillion dollars the Gov. rushed to pass on the stimulous package that hasn't done anything really.Competion is good. When companies can honestly compete, everyone wins. That is what should be corrected.

Cash for Clunkers Working Just Fine - No Problems There, and No ConfusionTrust us, we can take over the country's health care system, and do the same professional job.Eingefügtes BildIn fact, here we are, hard at work, on all the country's serious problems, which include the Cash for Clunkers disaster:Eingefügtes Bild

[quote=Richie Rich;33910Eingefügtes BildI think your being a little hard on the President Richie. C'mon man. A man needs to take a break with his family after sytematicly dimanteling everything that makes AMERICA great.A man needs to chill once in a while after bankrupting America, and wanting to add more than a Trillion more dollars to the impossible debt we now owe.

I think your being a little hard on the President Richie.

Whoops - I'm sorry.Continue income redistribution' date=' as previously promised. The Pres. knows best how to spend my money - should I hand it all over now? [b']Cash for Clunkers - 5 Things You Didn't Know:http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/special_feature_300/397_cash-for-clunkers-5-things-you-didnt-know.html

Whoops - I'm sorry.Continue income redistribution' date=' as previously promised. The Pres. knows best how to spend my money - should I hand it all over now? [/quote']He'd like it now AND later. :thumbsdown:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Frey but "INSURANCE" is not the way to go. Insurance companies only take your money and rarely give it back when you need it the most.Government health gives the opportunity for all to have equal expectations of reasonable health care.Just my two cents.......as I absolutely hate insurance companies and all that they represent in any form!sorry.......................

I'd rather deal with an insurance agent than some government bureaucrat that can't find his own fat a@# if you gave him a map and a flashlight. Never mind the fact that said bureaucrat doesn't even know me and knows NOTHING about health care or what kind of care I need.We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

If the Government says there are 15 million illegals here' date=' then you know it's more like 30 million.[/quote']I live in a neighborhood surrounded by illegal aliens, they come and go, they come here because the family across the street and a few others provide these guys cars, houses and such for "fees", they are called "coyotes" by some beacuse they will "jump on" their "customers" if they don't pay, used to you may see 20 different cars in a month on our street before all this started taking place but now you can see about 100 or 200 each month, the neighbohood has a very hairtrigger and nervous feeling.But what the government fails to realize is that a lot of illegals can hide themselves very easy, all they have to do is come to my neighborhood, go to my neighbors across the street to locate them a safe house anywhere in the country and they are provided with the cash to buy a car, and some can even get forged citizenship papers to reap the benefits of medicaid and such, and our government think that there are only 15 million? It's more like 60 million, maybe even 100 million.In case you are wondering, our police department knows of the whole operation my neighbors have, but they won't lift a finger to do anything, the police are rumored to be involved insome aspects of the drug trafficking around here.

Wow, that is rough A47. I hope you can convince the police to help, or if that isn't possible, then move to a safer area. Good luck, pal. More of our leader hard at work (with photos and video) on the Cash for Clunkers disaster and all of the Health Care problems of our great nation. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/18/obama-family-tours-nation_n_260681.htmlIt's so reassuring to know that he is hard at work, and realizes the serious nature of all these national problems. Eingefügtes BildALSO: USA Today Quick Question:Click here:http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htmObama's new Attorney General has already said this is one of his major issues. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time.. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the Supreme Court accepting the District of Columbia case against the right for individuals to bear arms. Here's what you need to do:First - vote on this one. Second - launch it to other folks and have THEM vote - then we will see if the results get published. The Question is: "Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?" Vote at that link and PLEASE vote Yes!

: USA Today Quick Question:Click here:http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htmObama's new Attorney General has already said this is one of his major issues. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. It will only take a few seconds of your time.. This upcoming year will become critical for gun owners with the Supreme Court accepting the District of Columbia case against the right for individuals to bear arms. Here's what you need to do:First - vote on this one. Second - launch it to other folks and have THEM vote - then we will see if the results get published. The Question is: "Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?" Vote at that link and PLEASE vote Yes!

All I get is a blank screen when I click on the link. :confused:I hope they try to do this since it will prove that they didn't learn their lesson from '94 when they passed the "Assault Rifle Ban." Republicans gained the majority in the house for the first time in 50 years. That was also the year "Hillarycare" was proposed. These dems (the elected ones) have the perfect logo for their party" A Jacka$$ :)

• Administrators

I'm sure he'd like to take away the arms. That is the first step...:evil:An unarmed society is about as good as sheep. Bahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Obama Guarantees Health Care Reform, Whether You Like It Or Not

"I guarantee you ... we are going to get health care reform done. And I know that there are a lot of people out there who have been hand-wringing, and folks in the press are following every little twist and turn of the legislative process," Obama told a caller to Philadelphia-based radio talk show host Michael Smerconish during a broadcast Thursday from the White House Diplomatic Reception Room.

Guess we have nothing to say about it, so we just got told to lay down and take it and shut up. Also the little dig and insult directed at anyone not supporting him - real classy. To think that we elected a Pres. that wants to bankrupt the gov, and destroy the country we love. Simply amazing.

Those of us who are against this are "wee-weed up" according to Obama:

Since most of the press didn't know what Obama meant by this, his Press secretary explained that we're "bed-wetters.":