Okay So It's Not A Ferrari

DanJ

But it's mine, all mine! Recently my trusty ol' 1995 Honda Civic has been plagued with a number of maladies. The mechanic who has been tending this vehicle for the last year or so finally advised me that I would be better off seeking a new, or at least newer, vehicle. Future upkeep/maintenance of the Honda promised to be expensive, more than the worth of the car any more.So, I decided to look for something with a cool vibe that also gives me the loading capacity that I need when I'm out gigging. It also had to fall within my very limited budget. After checking the market I decided on the vehicle you see below.This search has been going on for at least a year and a half. I stretched my use of the Honda as far as I could and when push came to shove I shopped around extensively and finally found what I hope will be my next car for some time. Introducing, my "new" 2003 Limited Edition PT Cruiser in Steel Blue Pearl Coat:Eingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeEingefügtes BildClick On Picture To EnlargeAny location hunters who can identify where I took the pictures get a free ride next time you're in town (Sorry, it's not a MV location.)!

How did you manage to find a parking spot in front that red-hot trendy cafe The Carlito? :DME: "He's offering me a ride in his not-a-Ferrari."DANJ: "No, I'm offering you a ride in YOUR not-a-Ferrari." That's going to be the exchange right before DanJ whips me in a game of pool.

Heh, heh. Listen here, Lou. Chances are I'd lose that game of pool! :DAs for securing a privileged space in front of Cafe Carlito, ya gotta have connections, pal!

Too bad no running boards. No place for your sidekick to shoot from like in "Public Enemies." Those are neat looking cars, especially as I like anything that resembles the cars of the 30's and 40's.

Nice looking car Dan. Good luck with it. Hope it lasts as long as your Honda did. :thumbsup:
Thanks! Yeah I do look forward to using this car for quite a while' date=' if all goes well.
NICE CAR! Very retro! :clap: :thumbsup:It certainly catches the eye. CONGRATS MAN!
Thanks' date=' Coop! As our leading fashion expert, your opinion here means a lot!
Too bad no running boards. No place for your sidekick to shoot from like in "Public Enemies." Those are neat looking cars' date=' especially as I like anything that resembles the cars of the 30's and 40's.[/quote']LOL! No Bonnie & Clyde stunts for me! Running boards are probably available for the Cruiser. There seems to be quite a cottage industry for ways to trick out these cars, including but not limited to Woody kits, etc. I'll keep mine as is, though!As for the retro vibe, it's a safe bet that Chrysler borrowed from their own 1934 Airflow model for the design of the PT Cruiser:Eingefügtes BildTo read more about the Airflow model, check this article: Wikipedia - Chrysler Airflow

Actually no...Ask any "Piston Head" on the street and they would say it was more like a 39 or 40 Ford that it was modelled after? I think it looks more like a Ford than a Chrysler???They are neat looking cars though. I like the later model PT ragtops that came out at the end just before they stopped production.

The PT convertibles look good to me with the top down, but don't do much for me with the top up. Wait a minute, that didn't sound quite right - LOL!As far as the PT being modeled after a Ford, it makes more sense that Chrysler would use something from their own line as an inspiration, not a competitor's model. Nevertheless, might you have been thinking of something like this 1934 Ford Tudor?Eingefügtes BildOr perhaps this 1939 Ford Deluxe Tudor Sedan?Eingefügtes BildI can see a resemblance in the second car, but am still inclined to go with the Airflow as the PT's inspiration. Check the link below to a Wikipedia entry for the PT Cruiser. About midway down the page under the "Design" section, there is a reference to the Pronto Cruizer, which Wikipedia states was modeled after the Airflow. If you backtrack it, you may conclude that the Airflow was indeed the influence for the PT Cruiser design (In any case, it's a neat car.):Wikipedia - chrysler PT Cruiser

• Administrators

I once rented one of those PT (Personal Transportation) Cruisers! Being a Mopar guy I was in heaven (well it was either the PT or some little foreign s**tbox) Should be a cool, economical ride for you, and you can fit a lot of the bands equipment in back if need be! Good luck with it! :thumbsup: