M*A*S*H Action Figures: Greatest Idea Ever?

Lar

http://www.toymania.com/334archives/mash/pack.htmI'ne known about these for years, and I still can't get over how great they are. Technically, they're an awful idea for a kid's toy. I mean, M*A*S*H did not typically feature space battles and laser fights, so the only real action a kid could simulate is making wisecracks, performing meatball surgery, and getting hammered in The Swamp (and yes, there was a Swamp playset). But man, there's just something about a pocketsized Hawkeye that appeals to my bizarre sense of humor. They never made a Trapper, though, which is a bummer, as Trapper kicks BJ's a*s. And no generic nurses for Hawkeye? Missed opportunity!Oddly enough, despite being a diehard M*A*S*H fan, the only figure I actually own is Fr. Mulcahy, whom I love dearly (it's fun making him grant G.I. Joe's Absolution).So, this begs the questions: If a show as un-action figure-friendly as M*A*S*H got it's own line, why not MV?

I'd love to have REAL Miami Vice action figures.It's funny that you mentioned M*A*S*H, as I just mentioned it to the doctor that performed my colonoscopy. I was in the hospital, and they wheeled me in to the room, and I said, "Capt. Pierce, when will Honeycut be joining us?"He thought for a second, then laughed and said none of his young staff in the room will get it. We were around the same age, and everyone else looked to be in thier 20's.I now call him HAWKEYE everytime I see him. :)

I have to admit I would gladly purchase a MASH action figure if it was "Hotlips Hulahan" in the shower scene! HA!Ok you yonger folks go to Blockbuster and rent the dvd of the original movie. Then you'll get the joke.

Also, in the movie version, you'll learn the lyrics to the famous song is "SUICIDE IS PAINLESS". They use an instumental in the tv series.

• Administrators

"Capt. Pierce, when will Honeycut be joining us?"He thought for a second, then laughed and said none of his young staff in the room will get it. We were around the same age, and everyone else looked to be in thier 20's.I now call him HAWKEYE everytime I see him. :)

That's a mighty brave thing to say to a man that is about to shove a 6' camera up where the sun doesn't shine! :eek:Kinda like telling your shrink that he looks a lot like "Woody Allen." ;)

That's a mighty brave thing to say to a man that is about to shove a 6' camera up where the sun doesn't shine! :eek:Kinda like telling your shrink that he looks a lot like "Woody Allen." ;)

He was cool with it.Besides, the camera gave him a "hawkeye" view of my intestines. ;)

LAR, don't look under Klinger's dress please....You loose your Vette if you do that. Even former Vette owners such as I frown on that activity. But looking under Hotlips dress is encouraged. :pI would like a Col. Flagg one though. He was my favorite recurring character.

• Administrators

Think of a great DJ movie starring him and Bob Balaban.

I have no idea.

Dead Bang!Office scene between DJ and Bob Balaban.

I've never seen a DJ movie. I saw him in a TV movie with Merideth Baxter Burney. I like him as JAMES SONNY CROCKETT.

LAR' date=' don't look under Klinger's dress please....You loose your Vette if you do that. Even former Vette owners such as I frown on that activity. But looking under Hotlips dress is encouraged. :pI would like a Col. Flagg one though. He was my favorite recurring character.[/quote']Ah, no worries there, my friend. There will be no unaccpetable behaviour with Klinger!

• Administrators

I've never seen a DJ movie. I saw him in a TV movie with Merideth Baxter Burney. I like him as JAMES SONNY CROCKETT.

That is a must see!{Now back to our regularly scheduled thread}

• 3 months later...