season 5 palm tree on EBAY?

Dadrian

It says you have to pick it up in his state, and home. Pick up only.I'm not going there for that.I have no idea what scene it was in.I don't think it will ever sell. It's not distinctive enough for me.

... MADE BY MIAMI VICE SET CARPENTERS FOR THE LAST SEASON OF MIAMI VICE

In my book, that means Season 3 ...Ok, I'm still interested to see if someone can figure this out, though.

season 5 lover's forgive me, but i'm gonna need an excuse bigger than this to watch the entire 5th season. i do that only about once a year.someone will recognize it...

If I were the one selling this item, I would at least provide a screen capture showing the item in an episode, and I would identify the episode so potential bidders could check it out themselves.Also, any possible supporting documentation is in order. Any good carpenter can recreate a prop from a TV show. Furthermore, assuming the claim to be true, was the episode a critical/pivotal episode of MV, and was the scene a standout scene or a throwaway scene?Lastly, how did a prop from Miami Vice end up in Colorado? There has to be a story there...

Season 5 had some great episodes - many of which Ive watched a few times such as the "Burnett " openers at the beginning of the Season, but still many duff episodes .The Ebay seller should at least provide the episode title - maybe the seller would reply to that question?. Looking at the item I cant place it at all.:)

Guest neworder

Except for the colors....I see no connection with Miami Vice! :confused:

Yeah I cant picture it anywhere in Vice Season 5 and I admit that I have and always shall be quite a significant defender of Season 5 quality so I know the eps fairly well.

that palm was also used in the last scene of Miracle Man.Funny that the scenes with the palm from both eps were shot in the same location (Les Violins Club on Biscayne Bvd).P.S. I'm not sure whether those palms were really made in season 5. The club scenes in "Give a little, take a little" also have similar stage gimmicks and those scenes were also shot in Violins Club. I suspect that the palms were part of the club interior and sold when the club closed in the early 90s (as far as I remember it closed around that time)

• Like 1

I think I found it. It's been used in Hard Knocks during the shootout scene in the club. Eingefügtes Bild

Perhaps you should send this screen capture to the seller, and supply the info you have found on this item and it's VICE scenes.It'd be interesting to know if this was created FOR Miami Vice, or just used in it like lamps, phones, couches etc.

wasn't the shootout in hard knocks at club deuce bar? am i confused?

no, Club Deuce was used as Mac's Bar, but the shootout played in Chi Chi's bar that was taken over by the Italian mobster who had Chi Chi killed. Club Deuce is far to small for a room as big as shown in the episode stills in this thread.

thanks for the clear up. i watch season 5 eps VERY rarely' date=' so my memory gets fuzzy on it.[/quote']No problem.Found more palm trees though. Looks like three of them have been used in Jack of All Trades.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild
  • Like 1