Miami Vice - Fashion Trendsetter

MVfan

CNN.com has an article today talking about various TV shows and movies that influenced fashion, and of course, Miami Vice was included in their list. Here's the part of the article talking about the show:The 1980s TV series "Miami Vice," with its lightweight fabrics and pastel colors, proved a hit on television and in menswear departments. Star Don Johnson's signature look -- T-shirt, suit jacket, linen pants and shoes worn sockless -- could be seen all over the country. (He also popularized the unshaven, stubble-bearded look.)...and can still be seen today!

CNN.com has an article today talking about various TV shows and movies that influenced fashion' date=' and of course, Miami Vice was included in their list. Here's the part of the article talking about the show:The 1980s TV series "Miami Vice," with its lightweight fabrics and pastel colors, proved a hit on television and in menswear departments. Star Don Johnson's signature look -- T-shirt, suit jacket, linen pants and shoes worn sockless -- could be seen all over the country. (He also popularized the unshaven, stubble-bearded look.)...and can still be seen today!
Here Here!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 11 months later...

If I remember right I think the show was the reason Ray Ban's reached such popular heights and became a status symbol thus the logo being placed on the side of the glasses...

If I remember right I think the show was the reason Ray Ban's reached such popular heights and became a status symbol thus the logo being placed on the side of the glasses...

It did well with RISKY BUISNESS, but it PEAKED when MIAMI VICE came out.

Probably more so that there were so many fake copies and knock-offs...Ray-Ban..Wayfarers....a very mature product...I'm sure there were many Far East producer / importers .... just look on eBay to see how many...including some guy trying to sell knockoff PERSOL shades .... I have yet to see ANY Persol literature mentioning a 'Sport Model' of the 69218 from Season III, yet they continue to be marketed as such ... the buyer beware...

Probably more so that there were so many fake copies and knock-offs...Ray-Ban..Wayfarers....a very mature product...I'm sure there were many Far East producer / importers .... just look on eBay to see how many...including some guy trying to sell knockoff PERSOL shades .... I have yet to see ANY Persol literature mentioning a 'Sport Model' of the 69218 from Season III' date=' yet they continue to be marketed as such ... the buyer beware...[/quote']There are tons of fake ray bans, but according to a thread I posted on this site, the real ray ban wayfarers did spike HEAVILY when Miami Vice showed Crockett wearing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Spelled BUSINESS :)

....yes, yes, that is correct....:rolleyes:(How many times does someone have to correct my spelling, when I keep saying I type too fast, and those things happen? :rolleyes:)