I´m becoming a grandmother!

Christine

I can´t believe it, but I´m becoming a grandmother for the first time. I´m not happy about that because my son is almost eighteen and his girlfriend is almost 17.

• Administrators

Congratulations! Well, from experience as a Grandpa all I can say is, you would be just as worried no matter what age they are. You help wherever & whenever you can and sometimes you just have to bite your tongue as you watch them make mistakes. Remember, nobody is a ready made parent. We all learn by doing.The other plus is by being young parents, (and I'm assuming you a young grandparent) you can enjoy so much more! When I'm out with my Grandson I never get tired of being called Daddy instead of Grandpa. Trust me, you're gonna love it!

I can´t believe it' date=' but I´m becoming a grandmother for the first time. I´m not happy about that because my son is almost eighteen and his girlfriend is almost 17.[/quote']His Girlfriend is technically 16, and your son is technically 17.I can see the concerns. She, or they may be still in school with no way to support the baby. This can be scary. They could consider adoption, as so many people would love to have a baby, but can't on thier own.Do you like his girlfriend? I'll bet everyone is nervous about this and what's best for the child. They sound too young to get married.You were quoted as saying, "I'm not happy about this."Let us know your personal thoughts on this situation. This could be good therapy.

The date of birth will be in April next year. Then they´re 17 and 18 years old and still go to school. They both will finish school next summer. Probably, my son can start a training as a capenter then. A good friend of my parents - in - law owns a carpenter - company where Pascal had made a practical training last year. He was enthusiastic about it.Lisa´s mother, who is a stay at home mother, will take care for the baby at night and in the morning so that Lisa can go to school.First, we all were shocked, but in the meantime we all put up with the pregnance. Of course, they want to keep the baby and we will give them all the support they need. Ferrariman is right, my husband and I are young grandparents (46 and 48). Nevertheless, it´s a strange feeling to look into the mirror and say, "Hello, grandma!"

What I didn´t tell yesterday was that I want to thank those people who asked me to talk about my feelings and thoughts in that situation.

What I didn´t tell yesterday was that I want to thank those people who asked me to talk about my feelings and thoughts in that situation.

That would be me.