One Word Trivia!

Ferrariman

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

Next Word:  Godzilla   (this is in reference to something seen, not spoken)

Giulini in "Down for the Count" Part 2

Or was it Izzy to C&T referring to the two big goons in By Hooker by Crook. "Godzilla and Rodan came by..."

• Administrators
5 hours ago, TheGreatMcCarthy said:

Giulini in "Down for the Count" Part 2

Was that the line were someone said "somebody better tell that smuck Godzillas coming"?

i always laughed at that one. :)

• Administrators

None of the above!  Remember my clue. This Godzilla is seen, not spoken by anyone.

• Administrators

This isn't Capt. Lou albino or whatever his name was towering down the corridor?

• Administrators

Nope, we actually see Godzilla. In fact (hint)  it's a collection of Godzillas.

56 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Nope, we actually see Godzilla. In fact (hint)  it's a collection of Godzillas.

I know exactly what you are referring to here, but so far cannot place the scene. :evil:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• Administrators
20 hours ago, nofretz said:

Zito's apartment in "Down for the Count II"?

Nope, they were snow globes.

51 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Nope, they were snow globes.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe another collection in the background. I'm gonna keep on thinking...maybe one day I'll get good at it ;)

Prodigal son, Jimmy Borges Apartment? Crockett picks a toy robot up and chuckles, I think there was a godzilla toy also. Then all hell breaks loose.:p

• Administrators
16 hours ago, tigerstripe said:

Prodigal son, Jimmy Borges Apartment? Crockett picks a toy robot up and chuckles, I think there was a godzilla toy also. Then all hell breaks loose.:p

Yup!  There are a bunch of little Godzilla toys there, even the one Crockett is holding.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, nofretz said:

Honor Among Thieves?

Correct!

Next word: Payola  ( not the musical group)

(extra points if you know what it was in the context of the ep)

I know "payola" is a record biz term--on the shady side, so "Like a Hurricane" comes to mind. I'll guess Caitlin while explaining things to Crockett after the Scarab gets "shot to hell"?

Edited by nofretz

3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Right ep but not spoken by Caitlin.

Anyone know the Payola usage?

Said by Gordon Wiggins to Paul in

"Like A Hurricane" 

Concerning the possible Senate Hearings on "Payola" scandals that were happening. 

Correct, said by Wiggins. Payola was tied into the record industry as nofretz suggested and was more specifically the practice of record promoters paying DJs or radio programmers to play their labels' songs, and there were other forms of payoffs. It was literally "pay for play" and we saw that payoff in the opener of Like A Hurricane.

I've often wondered if this was a play on the word "Victorola", as that used to be a household word. Similarly, today, you could put an "i" in front of almost any noun, and almost anyone would know you were referencing a piece of technology (even if it was fictional, like "iCar"). 

Edited by nofretz

20 hours ago, nofretz said:

I've often wondered if this was a play on the word "Victorola", as that used to be a household word. Similarly, today, you could put an "i" in front of almost any noun, and almost anyone would know you were referencing a piece of technology (even if it was fictional, like "iCar"). 

Good point as that was the trend back in the day, to add "ola" to a name. For instance, the origin of Motorola in the 1920s when they built the first car radio. At the time there was a trend in naming brands and it was to put the suffix –ola at the end, e.g. Moviola, Pianola, Victrola, Crayola. Since the radio was for the car, they went for the word motor. This led to the new brand name Motorola – a name that was so successful that Howard Galvin made it the new company name.

• Like 1