Tropical Storm Anna 2009

DanJ

• Administrators

Great! Just what my homeowners insurance needs! :evil:It just now came donw to something affordable.

Ana hasn't passed through the Keys yet. That was a projection of the storm's path, not where it has been.Apparently the map graphic that I have linked updates periodically, because just now when I looked at it, Ana has been downgraded to a tropical storm. Bill looks more menacing, but as of this post is projected to stay in the Atlantic.Keep checking in and looking at the map update...

Guest neworder

meh, El Nino this year means you guys in Florida should be pretty ok when it comes to Hurricanes. Don't hold me to this though, predicting weather/climate isn't exactly an accurate science, full of uncertainty but generally El Nino years = less hurricanes BUT it will mean a more extreme winter across the lower 48, in Florida effects mean more rain and more dangerous tornadoes i.e see 1998 and 2007 tornado outbreaks both El Nino years, I was on holiday for the Feb 1998 outbreak... I remember it well...not fun.

Glad I'm not sailing the Carribean right now!How do you guys in FLA do it? Timm you mentioned your insurance just went down or something??? I remember after Andrew a company up here started making drywall with fibreglass reinforcement and sold every single board to Florida. They couldn't make enough of the stuff. Apparently it's hurricane proof?Must be aweful to have to button up your house two or three times a year, and hope nothing is damamged when bad weather comes?

The outer edges of Hurrcane Bill are going to clip Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket late tonight and into tomorrow morning.Obama arrives on Martha's Vineyard tomorrow. Coincidence? I think not! :D :D

• Administrators
Glad I'm not sailing the Carribean right now!How do you guys in FLA do it? Timm you mentioned your insurance just went down or something??? I remember after Andrew a company up here started making drywall with fibreglass reinforcement and sold every single board to Florida. They couldn't make enough of the stuff. Apparently it's hurricane proof?Must be aweful to have to button up your house two or three times a year' date=' and hope nothing is damamged when bad weather comes?[/quote']Yes, my insurance did go down. The state dropped the mandatory sink hole insurance which accounted for approximately 60% of my home owners bill.I have hurricane panels that I bought years ago that I use to board up every window and door on the house. That and a lot of emergency preps is all I can do.So far, I've been very lucky.