Really rad nightclubs...

cageyJG

This is an extreme long shot, but I'm trying to figure out which ep had one of its early scenes in a nightclub and the most memorable thing was the dancing that was going on as they established the scene. Again, long shot, but some of the people here are comparable to long-distance snipers in their deadly precision of Vice knowledge.This lady had big shoulder pads and she had her arms up forming a big blocky letter 'U' (think a bodybuilder showing off his arms) and then she would wave them violently back and forth. The guys were equally impressive flailing about.I'm trying to teach my gal-pal how dancing worked in the greatest decade. Also, random and off topic, does anyone remember a movie when a Coke bottle cap fell from a plane and introduced trade to some tribe in Africa, and ended up ruining their society?

Also' date=' random and off topic, does anyone remember a movie when a Coke bottle cap fell from a plane and introduced trade to some tribe in Africa, and ended up ruining their society?[/quote']I'm sure someone will know about the dance bit, I'll give it a try when I get back from holiday.But the 2nd is easy, when I was in school back in 80s, it was almost compulsory viewing :)The Gods Must Be Crazyhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080801/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gods_Must_Be_Crazy

Regarding the scene from Vice you are thinking of, I believe that this is probably the scene from "Borrasca" where there are three or four girls dancing in a line, all painted with different colours, and all moving their limbs in a way that makes them look like some eight armed Hindu god.

• Administrators

The Gods Must Be Crazy was about one of the funniest movies I ever saw back then.It was the Coke bottle it's self and when someone hit someone else over the head with it, the guy was sent to walk to the end of the Earth and throw it away.They made a second one, but of course it was not as good as the first. Sequels rarely are.

Well unfortunately Season 1 is 1/2 hr. away at the ladyfriend's house so I can't get to my research! :thumbsdown: I vant... pics... I don't remember this Hindu flair, I'll check it out. I really hope I get the right scene. I love 80s dancing. No formal training needed. It looks so easy and urbane compared to what I had to live through in the 90s. Remember that leg-grabbing thing? Yeah. I can't imagine what people have to suffer today.