Michael Mann - Robbery Homicide Division

soundstory

Hi all,I only learnt about this short lived 2002 Michael Mann series.I belive it was reshown in 2008 on the channel Sleuth.I'm in the UK & have never seen the show despite being a Michael Mann (& where is The Keep ?, but that's another story).Did anybody happen to record it?,After a lot of research, it looks like it isn't going to see the light of day

I didn't know Mann was involved with it until the OP mentioned it. I've never watched it either. It only lasted 10 eps before being cancelled.I just tried looking for it at Amazon and my seach found 1 item:Miami Vice Movie. I guess it was must pee tv :dance2:

Robbery Homicide Division was the best TV show I've seen in 15 years. However, it was not commercial, not designed for a mass audience. It was dark and gritty. It refused to sacrifice its integrity to bring in female viewers, as most shows do today by emphasizing relationships (Burn Notice is a great example). The network execs hated it before it ever aired. Shows like RHD that are not commercially oriented take a long time to develop a large audience. Execs prefer instant hits. I suspect there was some personal animosity involved as well. It seemed to me like some exec, possibly Les Moonves, was personally insulted when he rejected the show but then was vetoed by his bosses due to Mann's towering reputation. But that is just a hunch.By the way, I don't see how you can say "I think that you all must be right !!". Frey and Timm said they had not seen the show?!?!?!