Any Favourite Games/Trivia's?

Vicechic84

Aside from the classic 'Monopoly' that would provide hours (and I do mean hours!) of fun (and collecting $200 when passing Go) I'd have to say 'Clue' was one of my childhood fav's. I can't tell you how many times I was 'Captain Mustard', in the 'library' with the 'candlestick' sooooooo many times. LOL:p Other games I fondly remember were 'Trouble' (with the infamous dice bubble center) and 'Kurplunk'. A series of marbles and sticks that use to drive me mad! One by one players would pull out one stick at a time to keep the marbles (that were tossed above them) in tact without falling in the cylinder. Thinking about that now, it was literally impossible.:) Other honourable mentions would have to be the game 'Nightmare'. I've only had the opportunity to play that once about a decade ago and it was pretty neat. It was a combination of board/VHS game where the Gatekeeper (and he was creepy!:eek:) gives the players instructions as you're going along. Surprisingly, the first, last and only time I played this and I won. Believe me when I say that I shocked my opponents but most of all myself! LOL :) Lastly, I've gotten into 'Jenga'. The block building and dismantling game where you pull blocks from the bottom of the tower and begin building the tower again one block at a time. Once there are gaps at the bottom there's no way the thing isn't going to topple over. Interesting game but you need a steady hand. I tell you I've never sweat so much (tiny beads of sweat were forming on my forehead cause I was so nervous). It's an adrenaline rush to watch the tower sway back and forth and not tip over. Yikes!;)So with the being said, are there any games you played growing up (or even now as an adult) that you remember (or continue to play) fondly? They could also be video, board, or card games, any thing that floats your boat!:D

Monopoly was a great game as it had no end really...until someone went bankrupt, and that could take some time for sure!Stock Ticker was another board game I loved as it was the same premice, the stocks would split and you could go on and on.....just like MonopolyThe ever popular Scrabble was also another favourite of mine as well as Mouse Trap, but we never played the game, we just put all the stuff together and made the trap fall down on the mouse! It was almost like a Mecano set???Snakes and Ladders was another kids game I loved as well.Oh and who could forget Dominoes and of course cards...............Batteries NOT Included

I always liked playing the board game "Risk". I loved conquering the world! :D

I'll never forget when Kramer and Newman played that on 'Seinfeld'. Things got ugly when they continued their game on the subway (don't ask:D) and Kramer decided to take control of the Ukraine! Yikes!:eek::p

Mouse Trap' date=' but we never played the game, we just put all the stuff together and made the trap fall down on the mouse! It was almost like a Mecano set???[/quote']At least yours worked! I had this game and either I was missing pieces or I hadn't a 'clue' (pardon the pun Tim!;)) how to get the little trap to fall in place properly!:cry:

• Administrators

Yeah like the mouse would still be sitting there after all that noise anyway! :dance2:I loved Trivial Pursuit (at least until I got to the geography wedge!)

Yeah like the mouse would still be sitting there after all that noise anyway! :dance2:!)

I suppose the little plastic mouse could not move his little plastic legs fast enough? :)

I loved Trivial Pursuit (at least until I got to the geography wedge!)

As for Trivial Pursuit, I am kicking myself as I could have been an investor. One of the guys that invented it lived across the street from my girlfriend and she asked if I wanted to invest in a board game...DUH!!!! It wasn't in the cards for me I suppose?

'Clue' was one of my childhood fav's. I can't tell you how many times I was 'Captain Mustard'" data-date=" in the [I">

'library' with the 'candlestick' sooooooo many times. LOL:p

Oh, me, my mum and my grandma played this while out of town for a bit, the most amusing thing about that was every time I got the dumbbell. And then came the hilarious phrase that's now my quote: "Who are you calling a dumbbell?"Fun, frustrating, hilarious and annoying to clean up. What more could you ask for from a board game?

• Administrators
'Monopoly' that would provide hours (and I do mean hours!) of fun (and collecting $200 when passing Go) I'd have to say 'Clue' was one of my childhood fav's. I can't tell you how many times I was 'Captain Mustard'" data-date=" in the [I">

'library' with the 'candlestick' sooooooo many times...

I gotta agree with you. Clue was a great game and a lot of fun. However, in the American version, "Captain Mustard" had been promoted to Colonel. :p And he still had his Loupe! :)

I gotta agree with you. Clue was a great game and a lot of fun. However' date=' in the American version, "Captain Mustard" had been promoted to Colonel. :p And he still had his Loupe! :)[/quote']Ahhh...Colonel Mustard has moved up in rank down south has he?! LOL :p