Music on fifth season

Danni Crockett

How did you guys feel about the guitarsolo's in the music on the last season?I play guitar myself, so one should think I'd like to hear some guitarmusic. But not this much, nuh-uh!!! At first it was ok, and the solo's are not too bad, but it all starts sounding alike after a while. I sure missed Jan Hammer there.

I thought Tim Truman did a great job with the S5 score. Since that was a much darker season (one that could even be called a "hard rock" season), I thought it was very fitting. Nobody's Jan Hammer, but Tim Truman was IMO a worthy replacement.

don't get me wrong, i love the tim truman stuff, too. he was an awesome guitarist.some of his stuff was a little redundant, but even JH himself did some redos.tim's score for the final scene was AMAZING!! ironically, it had no guitar.

• Administrators

tim's score for the final scene was AMAZING!! ironically, it had no guitar.

Thank you, but sadly I don't play professionally anymore. Sorry! :cry:

tim's score for the final scene was AMAZING!! ironically' date=' it had no guitar.[/quote']Well that's probably why it was so good! I've known and heard a lot of guitar players, and they always have to show of their tricks in each song. But less is more...

I thought Tim Truman did a great job with the S5 score. Since that was a much darker season (one that could even be called a "hard rock" season)' date=' I thought it was very fitting. Nobody's Jan Hammer, but Tim Truman was IMO a worthy replacement.[/quote']You are right it was fitting, that's true.He did a good job, only it would be even better if he changed the guitar sound every now and then. It sounds like he used the same distortion on his gear box for every song. If he'd take the clean guitar every now and then, I would have not got irritated for hearing the same thing over and over.

• Administrators

Even though I appreciate Tim's music more now than I did then I still have to admit that the season 5 music was culture shock after 4 seasons of Jan Hammer. It just didn't cut it for me!

The music in Season 5I really did like Tim's stuff, but the thing I missed most was some of the recurring Hammer themes especially Crockett's theme and Return of Crockett. A nice mixture of Hammer and Truman would have been especially nice in some of the Season 5 episodes. Although I do realize after the Burnett incident Crockett was exactly Crockett any longer so in away I guess the absense of his theme does make that statement, but I still mised it.

I've known and heard a lot of guitar players' date=' and they always have to show of their tricks in each song. But less is more...[/quote']have you been reading my diary? :)