Def Miami / Intro Scene Scaffolding

jcm8002204

Anyone notice the big rig scaffolding set up in the background (right side) of the opening scene with the Porsche heading up the sandy highway..?Looks like maybe a rig used (probably same-day shooting) for the shots of the overhead long shots of the Daytona's drives to/from the same shootout scenes with Nugent's 'Charlie' persona....Good day !

• Administrators

Never noticed it myself. Thanks, I'll look for it too.How many times have we all watched this episode? :eek:

• 1 month later...

i vaguely recall seeing something like that during the opening scene. thanks for pointing it out! now, if i can only find my season 2 set... ;) just kidding! how could i ever misplace my mv dvds!?!! ;)by the way, the screenshot of charlie on the balcony is cool! would it possible to add more from the episode, or is it not allowed? if it's a prob then no worries! x

i vaguely recall seeing something like that during the opening scene. thanks for pointing it out! now' date=' if i can only find my season 2 set... ;) just kidding! how could i ever misplace my mv dvds!?!! ;)by the way, the screenshot of charlie on the balcony is cool! would it possible to add more from the episode, or is it not allowed? if it's a prob then no worries! x[/quote']that's my favorite part! when he looks around and says in affirmation "Definitely Miami!"I'm sure you get more pics added. If you have the pics, one of the admins can sort it out for you.

• Administrators

would it possible to add more from the episode, or is it not allowed? if it's a prob then no worries! x

Absolutely! Take a look at our glossary for this ep. and see the screen shots there at the bottom. If you would like to add more screen shots to the glossary then what you need to do is take the screen shots you want and save them as a JPEG file. Then email them to me as an attachment. I will watermark them and add them to the server for you.timm525@miami-vice.ws

thanks chum981 & timm525 - i actually don't have any software/clue about how to take screenshots...but thanks for pointing me in the right direction, timm ;). muchas gracias! x

Anyone notice the big rig scaffolding set up in the background (right side) of the opening scene with the Porsche heading up the sandy highway..?Looks like maybe a rig used (probably same-day shooting) for the shots of the overhead long shots of the Daytona's drives to/from the same shootout scenes with Nugent's 'Charlie' persona....

This is an industrial area and that rig is part of the thing that runs along the side of the road, perhaps a rail/tram/transport mechanism. The rig you spotted in the scene can be seen here:link

Edited by airtommy

Cool.But I still would like to go for a drive on that road someday. What security guard would we have to bribe to get to do a midnight run (and how much $ )?

• 1 year later...

I'll look into that .... Hey...On this episode...Anyone notice towards the beginning when the messenger meets Sonny and when Rico walks over and he freaks and runs...You see him running and then He's soaked while running past the bar and still wet while he jumps into the car for the get-away...?... Check it out...Mike

• 8 years later...
On 10/24/2009 at 7:38 PM, Richie Rich said:

Cool.But I still would like to go for a drive on that road someday. What security guard would we have to bribe to get to do a midnight run (and how much $ )?

Just send it to me c/o this website. Maybe about $25. When you get there, just tell them that I said it was OK.

• Haha 2

• 8 months later...
On 5/17/2011 at 9:35 PM, Icemanmike said:

I'll look into that .... Hey...On this episode...Anyone notice towards the beginning when the messenger meets Sonny and when Rico walks over and he freaks and runs...You see him running and then He's soaked while running past the bar and still wet while he jumps into the car for the get-away...?... Check it out...Mike

The IMDB for that episode theorized that they shot a scene where he fell into the pool and later cut it out. 

17 minutes ago, Chris Lance said:

The IMDB for that episode theorized that they shot a scene where he fell into the pool and later cut it out. 

Maybe he got super sweaty all the sudden with the heat. :) 

I take that turnpike to work every day. No joke, "Angry Young Man" starts playing in my head EVERY time I drive past it, lol. One of these days I'm gonna stop my car on the side of the road (while dressed in my white suit of course), during sunset (it faces west) and snap a pic for you guys.

• Like 1