Disney To Buy Comics Giant Marvel For $4 Billion

sredd

This could pontenially be very cool, imagine a Pixar version of the Marvel Universe. Although I seem to recall something about Marvel splitting from Disney? http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112402912&sc=fb&cc=fp From AICN: UPDATE #1: In a conference call, the companies said that the deals for movies for characters at other studios (Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.) will stay in place under the terms set by Marvel and the other studios.UPDATE #2: John Lasseter met with Marvel last week about a possible team-up between Marvel and Pixar and got "pretty excited, pretty fast." They say there's definitely an opportunity there.UPDATE #3: The deal with Paramount Pictures to distribute "Iron Man 2," "Thor," "Captain America" and "The Avengers" stays in place as well, but Disney would like to self-distribute down the line. "When the time comes we'll take a closer look at it." http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42204

That's pretty cool.I'm still trying to get any good info on "RED TAILS" from LUCASFILM. I find virtually nothing on this movie which is in production. Mostly just the credits are online.

That's pretty cool. I'm still trying to get any good info on "RED TAILS" from LUCASFILM. I find virtually nothing on this movie which is in production. Mostly just the credits are online.

Maybe they're shooting under the name "Blue Harvest 2"?

This venture has "Bad idea" written allllllllll over it! as a comic book lover I wanted the Marvel ppl to be able to do their thing without the Mouse lookin over its shoulder or making up its own stories! MAN STan Lee must be mad as anything!

• Administrators

Well I don't think the deal could've been done without Stan's approval. Marvel will still be allowed to do their thing. There are so many companies in the world that are owned by other parent companies that we don't even know about. If you didn't read about this deal I'm sure you'd never see any difference.

Well I don't think the deal could've been done without Stan's approval. Marvel will still be allowed to do their thing. There are so many companies in the world that are owned by other parent companies that we don't even know about. If you didn't read about this deal I'm sure you'd never see any difference.

How true, F-Man, as you have to keep the brand focus going without parent interference.

I guess it's hard not to sell out to the tune of $4,000,000 - oops, here's some more zeroes - 000. Just kidding, the main thing I care about is that someone makes an M.V. the movie sequel, don't care if they have all new or the same cast. P.S., I'm renting a movie right now called "Mutant Chronicles." In the future, the world has split into 5 warring factions, geographic boundaries about the size of continents. Pans to this scene early on of 5 dudes standing on top of a building with 5 different banners - all is owned by 5 mega-ega corporations! I'm like, "Hey, that's not that far-fetched!"

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112402912&sc=fb&cc=fp From AICN: UPDATE #1: In a conference call, the companies said that the deals for movies for characters at other studios (Spider-Man, X-Men, etc.) will stay in place under the terms set by Marvel and the other studios.UPDATE #2: John Lasseter met with Marvel last week about a possible team-up between Marvel and Pixar and got "pretty excited, pretty fast." They say there's definitely an opportunity there.UPDATE #3: The deal with Paramount Pictures to distribute "Iron Man 2," "Thor," "Captain America" and "The Avengers" stays in place as well, but Disney would like to self-distribute down the line. "When the time comes we'll take a closer look at it." http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42204

I wonder how many comic book nerds have gone insane and have been placed in mental asylums upon hearing this news?:D"Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Take Down Goofy."