What was your favorite song in MV?

RAmarena

Guest neworder

Probably The Payola$ by Eyes of a StrangerWith Edge of Town by The Truth, Madness of It All by Ward Brothers, We Do What We're Told by Peter Gabriel and perhaps Windswept by Bryan Ferry all up there too.Jan Hammer wise, Payback & Crocketts Theme are my faves.What's your favourite RAmarena?

Not an easy question at all, there were a ton of good ones. Just some of my favorites (they tend to skew towards more well-known selections, rather than the more obscure ones that were also featured), in rough chronological order, from some of my favorite episodes:In The Air Tonight - Phil CollinsVoices - Russ BallardTommy Shaw - Girls With Guns (& Dangerous Game)You Belong To The City - Glenn FreyDark Night - The BlastersLives In The Balance - Jackson BrowneStanding On The Outside - Meat Loaf (Had no idea this was Meat until I bought the album it was on; Great song!)Respect Yourself - Bruce Willis (Can't help it, I love this song & the album it's on)Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel Dirty Laundry - Don Henley (I've said it before, I'll say it again, why no Boys Of Summer by him?!)Twist In My Sobriety - Tanita TikaramShe's Waiting - Eric Clapton Year Zero - King SwampLand Of Confusion - GenesisBad Attitude - Honeymoon SuiteThere's a ton more I'm not recalling, not until I heard them, at least.

WOW, all good tunes :)!HI,Thanks for the great responses! Yes, this was a difficult question! There was a ton of great music!Some of my favorites:In the AirSmuggler's BluesMercyIn Dulce DecorumThere was so many great songs I can't remember the rest.One of you asked me about my favorite Jan Hammer songs. They are many including:Miami Vice ThemeShadow in the DarkCrockett's ThemeThe Trial and SearchEvanPaybackMarinaRico's BluesAngelina FlashbackAirport SwapTim Truman:I am not sure of the name of this song, but it is being played in Redemption in Blood while Rico is being chased through the woods by Sonny's bad guy's. This song is great! I love the beat in this song. I sure hope TT releases that song soon :)!Thanks again for your responses.R

Lest we forget Heart of Darkness???????Missing YouGoing UnderGeez, we all need more vitamins and less alcohol. Well let's start that tomorrow, why ruin tonight?:)

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

"Cry" by Creme & Godley used at the end of Definitely Miami.

I'd say this one.Along with:Payola$ by Eyes of a StrangerTwist in my sobriety...and a boat load more I can't even begin to think about. Way too many great songs in vice, which is what made it so good. All the eps with the exception of "Jack of all Trades" had great music IMHO.Someone should've been shot for putting the "Swingle Singers" in vice! :evil:

This is such a hard decision.Boy,there is so many good miami vice music.But my favorite would be in the air tonight by Phil Collins.The best of the best.:happy:

There was so many great songs, but here's my favourites (Accidental Order) :Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns, Dangerous GameJackson Browne - Lives In The BalanceMeat Loaf - Standing On The OutsideEric Clapton - She's WaitingRuss Ballard - Voices, In The Night, Your Time Is Gonna Come Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me, hange Your WaysTed Nugent - Angry Young Man, Little Miss DangerousMadonna - Gambler The Reds - Till The End, Waiting For You, Beat AwayForeigner - I Want To Know What Love IsTina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With ItLoz Netto - We TouchLindsey Buckingham - Go Insane Payola$ - Eyes of a StrangerDevo - Going UnderPeter Himmelman - ClimbStan Ridgway – Pick It Up (And Put It In Your Pocket)Tanita Tikaram - Twist in my SobrietyThe Deele - Body alkTom Tom Club - Kiss Me When I Get BackThe Ward Brothers - Madness Of It AllThe System - The Pleasure SeekersUnderworld - Underneath the Radar, Glory! Glory!Autograph - Turn Up The RadioThe Damned - In Dolce DecorumPeter Gabriel - Red Rain, Sledgehammer, Don't Give Up (with Kate Bush)Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Diamond FieldJoan Armatrading - Dark Truths

• 4 weeks later...

Songs are:In the air tonight - Phil CollinsWhen the rains comes down - Andy TaylorYou Belong to the City - Glenn FreyLayla - Derek and the DominosLand of confusion - GenesisJan HammerCrocketts ThemeCrocketts ReturnPayback

i like many many songs form Miami Vice . :cool: but these are my favorits In the Air tonight Dulce Decorum Crockett´s theme from the episode The Maze Philip Michael Thomas Living the Bock of my Life

I walked into the grocery store today, and "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins was playing. Took me right back to the airport in Prodigal Son :clap:

Songs are:In the air tonight - Phil CollinsWhen the rains comes down - Andy TaylorYou Belong to the City - Glenn FreyLayla - Derek and the DominosLand of confusion - GenesisJan HammerCrocketts ThemeCrocketts ReturnPayback

I know this may be contentious but I have to addNumb/Encore - Linkin Park and Jay-Z from the movieJust love the track too

I like "Brothers in Arms" by Dire Straits and "You Wear it Well" by El Debarge, as well as several of the songs that others have mentioned.

I walked into the grocery store today' date=' and "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins was playing. Took me right back to the airport in Prodigal Son :clap:[/quote'] Isn't that amazing how the songs we hear and love about vice can take you right to the very episode?Growing up in the eighties was pretty cool and there are too many choices for me to have a fave and naming all would just take too much time...:thumbsup::thumbsup:...Mike

Take me home by Phil CollinsThe end of No Exit...Loved that one...This thread will get me going....What's love got to do with it in Calderones return ending by Tina Turner...Mike...:thumbsup:

I walked into the grocery store today' date=' and "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins was playing. Took me right back to the airport in Prodigal Son :clap:[/quote'] I am the same everytime i hear tht track!!!