The life and times of Caitlin Davies

cageyJG

This is really just a curiosity, but I observe there is little information floating around here on Caitlin a.k.a. Caitlin Davies. My feeling is that the bigger Vice fans (e.g. forum members) today are more indifferent about the role of Caitlin, and not withstanding the mild mood for Season 4 or any collective conciousness that Vice was nearing retirement. She was a Grammy winner and moderate A-lister in the 80s, I'm wondering why isn't there more fanfare for Sheena? What do I see? I see Scottish babe. :happy: I imagine fans ate it up in the 80s, however I can see a more lukewarm reaction if they feel she was too much of a distraction. They (or today we) didn't buy the high-profile romance? But high-profile romances are the subject of quite a bit of interest, just look at whatever tabloid or for instance, "The Bodyguard" as big in the box office.Too naggy? Too mismatched? Antithetical to our hero?Eingefügtes BildP.S. What was our vote for favorite season?

• Administrators

I dunno, to me she just seemed like an annoying person. Maybe it was her voice or something. I can't really nail it down. :confused:

I didn't mind her, but I didn't buy the romance how they fell in love, how they got married so darn fast. They didn't even know each other! I just didn't buy it.Had we gotten to know her for a much longer period of time, and over a season or so eventually saw chemistry between them (instead of hostility), then perhaps I would have bought it.Taking Sonny off the market, also took away an element I didn't like.She didn't bother me, I just didn't buy it.

I always liked Sheena Easton as a singer. Today, the songs she did on MV may sound too cutsie for younger fans, but she is classy. Her character was nagging to Sonny, but that's how the script wanted it. I didn't want to see her killed, but that is probably what caused Crockett's complete downfall.

• 10 months later...

He should've married Pat BenatarEingefügtes BildKim WildeEingefügtes BildNancy Wilson from HeartEingefügtes BildTina TurnerEingefügtes BildSuzanne VegaEingefügtes Bildor Kate BushEingefügtes BildSheena just kind of faded like a blip! Sonny deserved better!

I always liked Sheena Easton as a singer. Today' date=' the songs she did on MV may sound too cutsie for younger fans, but she is classy. Her character was nagging to Sonny, but that's how the script wanted it. I didn't want to see her killed, but that is probably what caused Crockett's complete downfall.[/quote'] Sheena started out as a cutsey little pop singer, 1st hit was the annoying Morning Train. But she went on to record one of the best Bond theme's For Your Eyes Only.There was also a hit duet with Kenny Rogers, We Got Tonight.Next thing you know she got hooked up with Prince, which resulted in the naughty song Sugar Walls and U Got the Look.. MV wasn't her only acting gig, Sheena co-starred with Stacey Keach in a segement of John Carpenter's Body Bags.There were also guest appearances on TekWar, Highlander:The Series and The Adventures of Brisco CountyJr. Vagely recall a cemeo in the film Indescen Proposal.She has been married four times, currently single.Last time I read, she's build up a solid resume in voiceover work for animated features and cartoon series. Which I believe what she mostly does now.

He should've married Kate BushEingefügtes BildSheena just kind of faded like a blip! Sonny deserved better!

Hey hey HEY!!!!!!Leave Kate out of this as she is MINE!!!! all MINE!!!!!hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I always wondered if the part wasn't written for Barbra Streisand and for some reason she decided not to do it. ?(

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, never thought about that.It's possible, were they still dating around that time?

I didn't mind her' date=' but I didn't buy the romance how they fell in love, how they got married so darn fast. They didn't even know each other! I just didn't buy it.Had we gotten to know her for a much longer period of time, and over a season or so eventually saw chemistry between them (instead of hostility), then perhaps I would have bought it.Taking Sonny off the market, also took away an element I didn't like.She didn't bother me, I just didn't buy it.[/quote'] This.They should have at least made Like a Hurricane into a two-parter, extrapolated the whole payola scheme Caitlin was involved in, and let the romance between she and Sonny develop.It's not that a 48-minute episode isn't enough time for Sonny to fall in love and get married, but we'd seen him with other women over the course of 4 years -- Caroline, Theresa, Christine VM, that stewardess girl, even Gina -- and however brief some of those relationships were portrayed, Sonny seemed more invested in all of them individually than he was with Caitlin, IMO.However, the whole Caitlin murder/Hackman payoff/Burnett lost memory arc kinda makes up for it. ;)

Hated this storyline at the time but its grown on me over the years of multiple viewings!As much as i disliked the Caitlin character...i still modelled my hair on hers ......yikes!!Eingefügtes Bild

This.They should have at least made Like a Hurricane into a two-parter' date=' extrapolated the whole payola scheme Caitlin was involved in, and let the romance between she and Sonny develop.It's not that a 48-minute episode isn't enough time for Sonny to fall in love and get married, but we'd seen him with other women over the course of 4 years -- Caroline, Theresa, Christine VM, that stewardess girl, even Gina -- and however brief some of those relationships were portrayed, Sonny seemed more invested in all of them individually than he was with Caitlin, IMO.However, the whole Caitlin murder/Hackman payoff/Burnett lost memory arc kinda makes up for it. ;)[/quote']If this story arc happened in Season one or two, the romance probably would've developed over a couple of episodes.At that time, the ratings for Vice had slipped siginificantly.So I'm guessin the whole Caitlin/Sonny thing was to get them back up. Hence the five minute courtship then quickie marriage. Easton's appearance on the show got plenty of buzz and press coverage back then.

If this story arc happened in Season one or two' date=' the romance probably would've developed over a couple of episodes.At that time, the ratings for Vice had slipped siginificantly.So I'm guessin the whole Caitlin/Sonny thing was to get them back up. Hence the five minute courtship then quickie marriage. Easton's appearance on the show got plenty of buzz and press coverage back then.[/quote'] I guess it's just that it doesn't feel like Sonny's married. Many of the "Caitlin away on tour" episodes of Season 4 don't even mention her ... watch those episodes randomly and you don't even figure Sonny to be remarried at all. Even when I watch them, my mind still associates Sonny with Caroline, his ex-wife. Child's Play had stronger relationship tension between the both of them than he did with Caitlin. (Of course, he hadn't met Caitlin at that point yet.)

Sheena Easton in my humble opinion is much better than any Gina, Trudy and so on.SHE IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, my friend, Mr. Calderon.........I do like Gina's looks & singing, but Sheena did a better acting job!

Well the episode was titled Like A Hurricane.Yes Indeed!

Maybe Caitlin should have been singing some Neil Young instead of Sonny and Cher. :D