The Cars of the Swap Shop

Richie Rich

The Cars of the Swap ShopThe Swap Shop is a giant flea market located in Fort Lauderdale, FL, best known to Vicers as the location of a Ferrari Testarossa that is claimed to be the "actual car used in Miami Vice". What evidence do they present to prove this claim? None - as far as I am aware. Photos of this vehicle can be seen here:http://www.miami-vice.ws/showpost.php?p=40153&postcount=78They also have a Ferrari 365 GTB4 (Daytona) on display, which looks like a match for the yellow Ferrari Daytona seen at Tommy's Garage in the episode "One Way Ticket".Ferrari 365 GTB4 (Daytona)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Are these cars for sale?If not, how long do they stay there on display?What is the reason they are there? Does it promote something?

Are these cars for sale?If not' date=' how long do they stay there on display?What is the reason they are there? Does it promote something?[/quote']Coop -No, not for sale. I believe they are owned by the Swap Shop owner, Preston Henn, and are on display to increase trafiic at his flea market, and also to show them off. Some were used by the Swap Shop Racing Team, and were raced. The team no longer races.It is a permanent display, but I can see that they rotate some cars - as the Hudson Hornet was not on display. The flea market is in bad shape, and very run down, but the cars still look fantastic, and are obviously well cared for, as the flea market falls apart around them. Henn supposedly has had some mental illness problems, and is now in his '80s.

You are welcome. Most people walked by the car collection, with just a glance. A few guys stopped and looked for a while. More people likely would have stopped if someone had said, "did you know there are several cars here worth more than $1 million each?" The most likely reaction would have been, "really, which cars?" People just didn't know that they were in the presence of greatness - the wonder of what man can create with his hands.

figures that the testas out in the open with all that crap on it, he obiviously doesn't care for it unlike that daytona which I've seen shots of him driving it at the 40th aniversary of the daytonas creation. I bet you if sonny was real he'd sick elvis on him for that.

figures that the testas out in the open with all that crap on it' date=' he obiviously doesn't care for it unlike that daytona which I've seen shots of him driving it at the 40th aniversary of the daytonas creation. I bet you if sonny was real he'd sick elvis on him for that.[/quote']That's what I thought too. That yellow Daytona was in a special place, in that corner spot, with no junk around it or on it (OK - there was the one sticker on the hood, but that was it). The sticker proclaimed the 40th anniversary - '68 to '08, and it was correct to the way that the factory would want it -"365GTB4 - 40th Anniversary", no mention of "Daytona", which Maranello has rejected.