Crime Story and Hunter

maynard

I loved Crime Story since day one!!!I have the entire two seasons and just watched them again this summer for the first time in years. The cars are sooooooo cool!Mann outdid himself with the clothes and background of Las Vegas. Made it look authentic fifties with all the neon etc.

I'll buy S2 after I watch S1.I love watching Luca's team, especially Holman's (Ted Levive)winy character and Santuci's character. I was watching episode two today. Its obvious the patio scene in Miami was filmed at the same time as scenes from Down For the Count. Andrew Dice Clay was funny also. Another thing I liked was the narrator at the beginning like the old TV and movie crime shows.

i was thinking of buying both seasons of Crime Story, but wasn't sure if it was worth it as I haven't seen it before...but it seems like it is worth it. Do others on .ws think the same?

I think it ran from 87-89 if I remember correctly. Mann had just fininshed with MV and started this project soon after or actually at the same time I believe???Can anyone else clarify?I just remember that I was a HUGE MV fan and when the commercials came on TV for Crime Story, I was hooked from the old cars and my buddies all got together on Tuesday nights just to watch the old cars! The show was surprizingly well done (Just as good as Vice, if you ask me!)The story line of the Mafia and Vegas etc was very well done and of course "Dice" was on the show, and for you young folks out there that don't know who I am talking about...Andrew "Dice" Clay was an amazing comic of his time (and not at all a bad actor either!!!) I loved his character.

On Wikipedia it says that it ran from September 18, 1986 – May 10, 1988.I think getting both seasons on DVD would be a good idea :thumbsup:I wonder why it only ran for two seasons and why its not as well known as some other series from the 80s...that's the reason why I hesitated initially to get the two seasons...

It did not do well int he ratings game. Could have been because of the Tuesday timeslot???In the Nielson ratings it was number 57 of a possible 58 in its third episode and they were going to pull it. I remember there was a letter writing campaine to keep it on the air and the network relented. I watched it because of the cars, and the cool fifties and sixties feel of the show. Mann captured it brilliantly!The network must have thought that it was like MV, as it did not fare well in the ratings game either, until the summer re-runs when it became a mega-hit! They must have thought crime Story was going to have a slow start too?

It did not do well in the ratings game. Could have been because of the Tuesday timeslot???In the Nielson ratings it was number 57 of a possible 58 in its third episode and they were going to pull it. I remember there was a letter writing campaign to keep it on the air and the network relented. I watched it because of the cars, and the cool fifties and sixties feel of the show. Mann captured it brilliantly!The network must have thought that it was like MV, as it did not fare well in the ratings game either, until the summer re-runs when it became a mega-hit! They must have thought Crime Story was going to have a slow start too?

Crime Story - Get it!Oh man, I loved Crime Story. Of course being from Chicago-land, I really dug the first season before they moved to Vegas, but second season and the Vegas stuff was good too. As someone mentioned the cars and the neon was good. I grew up in the 60's and was in some of my teens, so Crime Story reminded me of some of the earlier news stories we'd see on the 10 O'clock news. Also I always loved the old gangsters and crime stories, and I've always liked Dennis Farina. I do have both seasons on DVD, but I admit I saw the whole series on American network a few years ago when they had it on. I think American network is out of business now, but they were also running U.N.C.L.E and I SPY on that station.To answer your question Crime Story is a very well done series. There are lots of people in it you'd recognized from MV and other shows. I also loved Del Shannon singing a variation of Runaway for the theme song.:clap:

• 10 months later...

I love Crime Story, own both season on dvd.My only issue was the way it ended, what the hell was that?Really a shame that Mann didn't do a tv movie to wrap up the series.