Don's Rolling Stone interview Nov '85

bimoc

By the way' date=' it says that DJ was born in Galena, and I've read many times before that it was Flat Creek... :confused: Is it the same place?[/quote']Some sources say it's Galena, the others say Flat Creek. I suppose these are small places, probably not far from each other. But since in this interview Don himself says that he was actually born in his grandmother's house in Galena, then I believe it's true.

Must be, LOL. But if I'm not mistaken, he also said something about Flat Creek in his interview with David Letterman on TV... :confused: Maybe Galena is a part of Flat Creek, or vice versa. Anyway, the interview is wonderful, I found many interesting stuff I've never read, like details about Don's mother or about his relationship with Pattie. By the way, does anyone know why he and Pattie broke up? I mean besides obvious but vague reasons like living too far away from each other, etc. (Yes, I know, I'm a nosy little thing... :rolleyes:) It's just a bit sad and weird to read these tender words Don said about her, like they were meant to be together forever, and to know that just a couple of years later all that would be history. I've read somewhere that they even had a custody battle over Jesse... not sure if it's true.

Oh yeah, I also loved this one about "Braille's anatomy"! :clap: Sometimes Don is just a hell of a humorist... :) Read it before in the other article, which was just made up from this one, as I know now.

Does anyone know in which episode Don's father and stepmother appeared as extras, like it was said in the interview? I'd like to see them but don't know where to look.