MIAMI VICE BATTLES EDITING!

COOPER&BURNETT

It's a longer version, and perhaps a bit more graphic. She didn't die quickly.She suffered for a while.Murder isn't a pretty thing.

So what we have on the DVD is a cut version of what was originally aired then?

That's correct.There's several episodes that have cut dialog that were changed or edited.

Yes, it does. The title is "The uncut scene from By Hooker By Crook", smth like that. It's from Brazilian TV and dubbed with Portuguese language, but there's not many words in it anyway...:)

Yes' date=' it does. The title is "The uncut scene from By Hooker By Crook", smth like that. It's from Brazilian TV and dubbed with Portuguese language, but there's not many words in it anyway...:)[/quote']Not much talk during sex or murder. :)

Funny thing, Although I haven't seen the original version on beta for many years, I have to agree at this point with tom71. I always remembered it to be a bit longer than that too.I'm not sure it's the true long version, however, at this time, without seeing my original broadcast (no beta player anymore) I can't at this time verify it.Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me, but I thought it was longer than that.

Is it possible that in Potugal, they orignially got the episode when it was already edited? Perhaps thier censorship standards are higher than in the U.S..The censors then reviewed it during the voice dubing sessions, edited it further for thier country and it was broadcast as an edited, edited version? Years later when the dvds came out, the youtube poster is now showing the edited version we now have on dvd, and to THEM it's an un-edited version?I'm not convinced yet that the youtube version is what I have recorded on it's very first broadcast on U.S. TV.

Black humor, Timm... LOL

I didn´t compare it frame by frame' date=' but it seems to me that it´s the version from the US DVDs.[/quote']You folks made me wonder once again... I've just rewatched these scene in two versions- the Youtube clip and Divx version of Miami Vice DVDs that I have, and it's surely different. The most remarkable thing that is present in Youtube version and absent on DVD is similar movements.(Melanie's hand grabs the sheet in ecstasy - the murdered girl's hand grabs something when the villains grab her... DJ strokes Melanie's neck - the villain grabs the girl's neck... The girl's head starts hitting the table, and the movement is ended by Melanie's touching DJ's chest...) And Youtube version is longer. Maybe something is wrong with my seemingly bootleg copies, but I can't imagine what else they could be ripped from besides DVDs, since the language is English, and there aren't any TV-channel labels. But maybe Coop is right, and the Portuguese version is also edited.

But I could be wrong.I saw the original over 20 years ago.Perhaps that is the version.You right. That was the purpose of the shot. Similar, yet different.One was Agony, the other Extacy.Clever, actually.

And I don't even remember which version was shown on Russian TV. (And it was later than 20 years ago, so how can I blame you, Coop? :)) What I do remember is that I was kind of shocked at first, couldn't even really understand what was going on... But it did impress me all right. :eek:

I've also seen the uncut version somewhere. I can't remember exactly where, but I think it may have been on one of the versions aired on Satellite tv at some point. It's quite a long scene. The original BBC version was heavily cut. The combination of heavy sex interspersed with a graphic murder was too much for the tv censors I think.

"Heavy sex", huh? For me, the child of 90-s, it was a romantic love scene. :D But I guess DJ must have a hell of imagination to make this combintaion so... graphic. :clap:Or maybe the script writers are the ones to blame. I always wonder how detailed the scripts are in TV-shows, and how much is left to the director...

Actually to be fair, having just watched the unedited version on YouTube, I think it was more the Hooker killing that the BBC edited out of that scene rather than the sex. I've not watched that scene on the dvd yet.