JAN HAMMER SCORE NO MORE!

COOPER&BURNETT

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what an ego.That's a childish way to handle losing. Maybe the cast did not want to hang out with him. That is some weird statements from JH.That is bizarre :confused:?!

I don't think it's bizarre.He was in NEW YORK, they were in MIAMI, he never got to hang out with them. Nothing wrong with wanting to do that. We all wanted to hang out with them.At the awards, everyone told him he was a shoo-in, that it was a sure thing he would win. He believed it. It was a great, ground breaking score. It SHOULD have won!I can't imagine having a live TV camera in my face filming me while my dreams died.I wouldn't want to go again either.He was robbed, and he knew it.

What a disappointment to be sure. :thumbsdown:Do you recall who won? And for what song?

Yes. The winner was MURDER SHE WROTE.Who remembers the episode music from THAT episode?Nobody.
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

You gotta be sh*tting me! MURDER SHE WROTE! won over him! :eek:The theme song from the show?How much did Angela Lansburry (sp, whatever) pay for that?I'd be pissed too!

You gotta be sh*tting me! MURDER SHE WROTE! won over him! :eek:The theme song from the show?How much did Angela Lansburry (sp' date=' whatever) pay for that?I'd be pissed too![/quote']No, not the theme song. It's outstanding achievement for original music for an episode.EVAN was nominated, and lost to an episode of MURDER SHE WROTE. :thumbsdown:

Unbelievable! I've never heard original music on ANY TV show EVER that was close to Hammer's work on MV. Even people who don't like 80s synth pop immediately notice and like Hammer's musical cues when they watch MV.As always, thanks for posting this, C&B.

The MURDER SHE WROTE of was in the frickin award they gave out!

They should have Angela investigate. :rolleyes:JAN HAMMER's score was revolutionary. It was unique. It has tracks on cd and sold millions of albums. Were talking about it today.Why did MURDER SHE WROTE win?Most likely it's who you know, as the composer was in the business for years, and worked in Hollywood schmoozing. JAN was working alone in New York.

It was John Addison who got the award. Go to YouTube and search for his music. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

How many cds of MURDER SHE WROTE did he sell?"0"

• Administrators

That was the most annoying show on TV.I was watching my Magnum DVDs and there is a cross over with her on one of his eps. What a PITA she is. She certainly is a real Dickless Tracy if I ever saw one! :evil:Worthless!

That was the most annoying show on TV.I was watching my Magnum DVDs and there is a cross over with her on one of his eps. What a PITA she is. She certainly is a real Dickless Tracy if I ever saw one! :evil:Worthless!

No offense the anyone who loves this show, but I always thought it was an old persons show, like Matlock.