REPLICA VICE FERRARI SUED!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Administrators

The replica makers lost. Had to stop making the cars.

Yes I know that part. I was wondering about the monetary part of it. Did anyone have to pay anyone in their suits?

I don't think money exchanged hands' date=' just a cease and desist.[/quote']I know that Carl Roberts only had to stop producing the cars. In fact, both he and McBurnie were allowed to finish any cars already in production. They could not produce any cars or bodys after the settlement of the case.From a practical standpoint, however, they lost just about everything they had paying off lawyers. And the reason Rowley wasn't shut down was that Ferrari had made their point and didn't want to take the chance that another court case might go against them (the basis of Ferrari's case are still debated in legal circles because the shape of a car body is still contended to be unprotectable, but a big enough team of lawyers can often prevail without facts on their side). As a side note, the cars on the show (including the stunt Testarossa) were never subjects of litigation. Ferrari simply made the show the offer of two real Testarossas if they would discontinue the use of the Daytona replicars. And who in their right mind would turn down two (essentially) free Ferraris which would also result in some good PR opportunities. Ferrari did (I was told by Carl Roberts) ask that the Daytona be replaced in a dramatic fashion in order to emphasis the Testarossas debut. And I think we can all agree that the Producers met that commitment.

Very interesting information, thanks everyone! I've always preferred Daytona to Testarossa, replica or not... (huge sigh) Was really disapppointed when they blew up the poor vehicle. :cry: I'm not a car person, though, so what do I know... can only judge by the looks. :)

Very interesting information' date=' thanks everyone! I've always preferred Daytona to Testarossa, replica or not... (huge sigh) Was really disapppointed when they blew up the poor vehicle. :cry: I'm not a car person, though, so what do I know... can only judge by the looks. :)[/quote']I also prefer the Daytona, it's my dream car.On a more positive note atleast they blew it up and we have a peace of mind knowing no one drives it or can pose a fake one. Yea I'm aware there were 3 or 4 of them but the main one is gone, to car heaven perhaps.

On a more positive note atleast they blew it up and we have a peace of mind knowing no one drives it or can pose a fake one.

Interesting way of thinking, LOL... I would rather see someone driving it than have such a beautiful (and useful) thing destroyed and completely wasted.