VICE DAYTONA USED ILLEGALLY!!

COOPER&BURNETT

• 2 months later...

I originally posted this in September. Only 19 people viewed it, so I thought I'd bring it back up again.Makes you wonder what ELSE I have in the scrapbook section that you haven't seen.

I originally posted this in September. Only 19 people viewed it' date=' so I thought I'd bring it back up again.Makes you wonder what ELSE I have in the scrapbook section that you haven't seen.[/quote']Yeah thanks for bringing that up again! :) I haven't seen it before. I think I will have to look through your scrapbook section a bit more!

Great story! Do you know what year the story is from?The house that was featured in Little Miss Dangerous, Evan, Lend Me An Ear, and Honor Among Thieves was later owned by a drug dealer:

Willy Martinez: The once flamboyant Miami Beach-based boxing promoter was busted in 1989 for trying to bring 500 kilos into South Florida. His house on Sunset Island #2 was featured in several Miami Vice episodes.

link

Was this the Daytona or the Testarossa?Any idea on the year the article was printed?

It was during Season 2. late 1985 it was the Daytona Spider. It may have been during summer hiatus, not sure.

JUNE 26TH 1985 is when it was reported according to the PRICE OF ADICTION article from the MIAMI HERALD.

Wonder if he dressed the part?

As popular as the show was then, I'm suprised he used THAT car. It would draw a lot of attention. Guess he wanted to also PLAY the part.

Did I read this correctly? The mechanic stole the white Ferrari ("borrowed it") to do a dastardly deed?

Nope. You read it wrong. The mechanic stole the BLACK ferrari daytona ("borrowed it") to do a dastardly deed. Nice article I kept. It doesn't say WHICH ferrari, but if the date was June of 1985, it was the daytona spider.Glad that guy went to prison.

Wish my DMV photos looked that good!:D

We'd have to look like a young DON JOHNSON in order for our DMV photos to look that good. :)