Favorite film in Sergio Leone's "Man With No Name" trilogy?

agent 47

With all the newcomers and this sites growing popularity, I think maybe it's time for me to help out and build onto the film fanantic forum and make it even better, I'm starting with this poll: What is your favorite in Sergio Leone's "Man With No Name" trilogy? They are referred to popularly as his spaghetti western trilogy as well but this is the title they are referred to officially more often.This is the official trilogy:Fistfull of Dollars (1964)For A Few Dollars More (1965)The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly (1966)NOTE: Unlike previous polls, I'm keeping this one open so newcomers can cast their votes even years from now.

• Administrators

The Good the Bad and the Ugly was my favorite but I also liked A Fist Full of Dollars too. They were all good and Clint was so young in those.Good thread buddy! :thumbsup:

I loooooove GBU, but I haven't seen the other two yet. Every now and then they are on TV when I'm flipping channels, but I don't peek because I want to see them in their entirety.

• Administrators

Just buy them from Wally World next time you are there. They are every bit worth the 5 bucks you will pay for them. Of course that is 5 bucks apiece. Sorry!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!One of the best movies ever made. The other two are also good, especially Fistful of Dollars. Everyone talks about Clint Eastwood, but Lee van Cleef was also very good.

All great!Eastwood was the quintesential cowboy for sure. The man with no name and toting a cigar all the time. A perfect shot, who never misses, and a ladies man.What else do you need in a hero?Another good western, which was highly underrated but now a cult film, is "Once Upon a Time in the West".Clint was good but so was John Wayne.

Wow, I have all three movies; I love them. Eastwood is good in Unforgiven too. "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is a great film, but like others have said, the other two are good too. The music, the scenery, and of course the actors make them great films. There are some great lines in them too.Factoid--Quentin Tarantino lists "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" as one of his all time favorite films according to his Wiki entry-- "In the 2002 Sight and Sound Directors' poll, Tarantino revealed his top-twelve films: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly; Rio Bravo; Taxi Driver; His Girl Friday; Rolling Thunder; They All Laughed; The Great Escape; Carrie; Coffy; Dazed and Confused; Five Fingers of Death; and Hi Diddle Diddle."from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_tarantino

I'm going to say that Fistfull of Dollars is my favorite, while The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is the masterpiece, this one just has a great story and such memorable action scenes that realy stand out, plus it has a really cool opening sequence.

I love the opening scene of The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...how they have such a big close-up of a man, then they zoom out. It makes me laugh every time!I also like the first words spoken by Clint Eastwood: "Couple steps back"Excellent!

• 10 months later...