The Alfred Hitchcock Thread

agent 47

Well, we have threads for Michael Mann, Star Wars, James Bond and such, but how can a film fanatic forum not have a thread dedicated to the greatest suspense director of all time? (A little oversight on my part, sorry!)Well, anything you want to post on him and his films, you have a place to do it! (film reviews, favorites, least favorites, questions, rants, raves, etc., etc.)

For those not familiar with his work, here's part one of a filmography compiled in the New Biographical Dictionary of Film:Number Thirteen (1922) (unfinished)The Pleasure Garden (1925)The Mountain Eagle (1926)The Lodger (1926)Downhill (1927)Easy Virtue (1927)The Ring (1927)The Farmers Wife (1928)Champaigne (1928)The Manxman (1928)Blackmail (1929)Elstree Calling (1930) (co-directed)Juno and the Paycock (1930)Murder (1930)The Skin Game (1931)Rich and Strange (1932)Number Seventeen (1932)Waltzes from Vienna (1933)The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934)The 39 Steps (1935)The Secret Agent (1936)Sabotage (1936)Young and Innocent (1937)The Lady Vanishes (1938)Jamaica Inn (1939)Rebecca (1940)Foreign Correspondent (1940)Mr. and Mrs. Smith (1941)Suspicion (1941)Saboteur (1942)

And here's part two:Shadow of a Doubt (1943)Malgache (1943) (short)Bon Voyage (1944) (short)Adventure Malgache (1944) (short)Spellbound (1945)Notorious (1946)The Paradine Case (1947)Rope (1948)Under Capricorn (1949)Stage Fright (1950)Strangers on a Train (1951)I Confess (1952)Dial M for Murder (1954)Rear Window (1954)To Catch a Thief (1955)The Man Who Knew too Much (1955)The Trouble With Harry (1956)The Wrong Man (1957)Vertigo (1958)North by Northwest (1959)Psycho (1960)The Birds (1963)Marnie (1964)Torn Curtain (1966)Topaz (1969)Frenzy (1971)Family Plot (1976)

• Administrators

I like Vertigo, The birds, Psycho, North by northwest or the Man who knew too much.Did you know that Alfred Hitchcock had a cameo in all of his films?

My favourites are Rear Window and North by North West. Quite a few of his later films were in colour but Psycho was definitely in black and white.

Out of all his fims, I have to say Notorious and Psycho are my favorites, but I love just about all the work of his I've seen except for some of his early works.North by Northwest, Vetigo, Rear Window, Dial M for Murder, Topaz, The Birds, To Catch a Thief, The Man Who Knew Too Much ('55), Rope and Marnie were all filmed in color, I'm pretty sure his late sixties/early seventies films were too.

No...it's actually black and white! I have the movie

Maybe it's the copy you have, I have the VHS copy from the '99 Alfred Hitchcock collection rerelease and it's in color, plus it's shown on Turner Classic Movies in color.

They must have colourized it then?????Are the pictures of her sweaters weird or her purse or anything like that?I think Tippi is a blonde??? well at least in my copy:D

They must have colourized it then?????Are the pictures of her sweaters weird or her purse or anything like that?I think Tippi is a blonde??? well at least in my copy:D

Not really, it may have been filmed in technicolor, TCM usually show their films in the way it was originally filmed, including the original aspect ratio of the film. (It's about 1.66 I belive for The Birds)Tippi is a blonde, if you liked her in The Birds, you should also try Marnie, which also stars Sean Connery, he starred in the film in between Bond films.