MV-inspired Halloween Costume

MVfan

I'm thinking of making a MV-inspired costume to wear this year for a Halloween party, and I saw some very 80's-looking metallic material in a variety of colors that I could work with for a dress. I'm wondering if anyone here can think of any metallic/shiny dresses worn on the show that looked good. I really want to get as authentic as I can, and if I see a picture, I might be able to make something similar. I don't have all of the DVDs, but if anyone knows of an episode that featured something like this that looked good, I'll look for screen captures of it in the Glossary if it's not on one of the season DVDs that I have.Thanks!

Wasn't that phrase said in the episode "Florence Italy" to Trudy by the crossdresser?

Yep. That was the line.I had the opportunity to actually BUY that dress for my collection. Olivia Brown autographed a letter she typed, and a video of the episode it appeared in. It was sold at an auction to benifit charity, and that person offered to sell it to me. I turned it down because I was single, and felt odd and shy about buying womens clothes.I SOOOOO regret this now.:cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a picture of the MV-inspired Halloween costume that I made to wear this year. I knew that I wanted to make something out of shiny metallic fabric, and although silver is seen a lot in the show, I'm partial to blue, so I came up with something that would include both! At one point, I even wore my husband's white Andrew Fezza linen sportcoat over the dress, which really gave the outfit a Vice look!

post-264-13892962990292_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the MV-inspired Halloween costume that I made to wear this year. I knew that I wanted to make something out of shiny metallic fabric' date=' and although silver is seen a lot in the show, I'm partial to blue, so I came up with something that would include both! At one point, I even wore my husband's white Andrew Fezza linen sportcoat over the dress, which really gave the outfit a Vice look![/quote']Looks fantastic!! You made this?!!! Wow!Would love to see you wear the blazer in a photo.Are we related?Your HEADLESS too! :)

Thanks! I don't think I have any pictures with the blazer. I really only wore it over the dress when we were going out for pizza after the Halloween party since the weather had gotten colder by then - yes, I actually walked into a restaurant dressed like this!