Local Syndication?

Lar

Here's something I've been wondering about: back in the day (heck, at any point), was Vice syndicated to local TV stations after the 100 ep mark? I've found numerous evidence that Night Court, Family Matters, etc. etc. were widely syndicated in local markets once 100 eps were available (and even Sledge Hammer!, which only ran 2 seasons had a local syndication life), but the only place I know of MV appearing was USA, which was cable.So, anyone remember MV appearing on their local stations in 1989/1990 or beyond?

I don't recall MV being syndicated at all until the show was completed. I remember summer reruns on NBC were the only chance to see eps again. I wonder if it had something to do with the music rights which also delayed the DVD release for so long?

I lived in L.A. back then and the first time i saw it in syndication was on USA network, in the fall of 1988. So it went on there right before the 5th season.

MV in Syndication?

I don't recall MV being syndicated at all until the show was completed. I remember summer reruns on NBC were the only chance to see eps again. I wonder if it had something to do with the music rights which also delayed the DVD release for so long?

Nope not locally, Like people said the reruns on NBC, then USA, FX, then I guess Sleuth then TVLand, and now some new station called Centric that's on Comcast Digital cable. I've been watching at 11PM nightly when it's on. Last night they ran "No Exit" The night before "The return of Calderone) and the night before that "Glades" So I can't figure out what order they're running them in, but so far they've all been from 1st season. Has anyone heard of this channel? They say they're brand new.:confused:

the reruns on NBC' date=' then USA, then I guess Sleuth then TVLand[/quote']Don't forget TNN/Spike (after USA, before Sleuth), back during the heyday of the MV email list!!!

During the 1980s and early 1990s, there was some Usenet discussion, according to Summer the creator of Miami Vice Chronicles. Around the time of the invention of the Web in 1994-5, a British MV fan Mark Jackson created a MV website and an email list. There was very lively MV discussion on that list for many years (eventually it was moved the Chronicles servers). Stefan Nylan's flashy Vice Files website led to .org (that's where they got all their content), and those message boards eventually took over as the center of the MV fan world. The email list came to an end 2005ish. There was also a Yahoo Club. You can surf around here and read some of the old discussions.

Ah, okay! Thanks for the answers guys! I had never heard of local MV airings, and didn't think it was syndicated outside of cable channels, but I don't know. I know Magnum was syndicated on local channels soon after (or maybe even during) it's run (I've found both local and cable ads to back that up), but I had never heard anything on MV.BTW, the new airings on Centric, is it just me or do they look worse than Sleuth's airings? Maybe it's me, but Sleuth's broadcasts (of pretty much anything they play) are almost always beautiful. Also, for some reason I can find an accpetable sound level. It seems the dialogue's too low, and the music's too loud. Maybe it's all in my head. Anyway, it's great MV's back on the air at all. I've got No Exit waiting for me right now!

Has anyone heard of this channel? They say they're brand new.:confused:

It used to be BETJazz. They're trying to compete with another channel you have on DirecTv called TVONE which also airs original shows geared towards African-Americans.