MV cars

jpaul1

Close....I believe the cop car is a 78 or79 Plymouth Fury as police used them all over north america. (I drove one as a miled out car for a cab company. Wow did it fly!!! The speedometer stopped at 160!!!not 120 like the regular cars)The Ford Econoline is a 63 or a 64 Hard to see the detail in the grile and the tailights to be sure.The Mercedes is a 1980 model and the motorhome is a Ford E-350 econoline.Hope that helps...?

have you looked here?...i think the police car is a 77 dodge monaco...

Close....I believe the cop car is a 78 or79 Plymouth Fury as police used them all over north america. (I drove one as a miled out car for a cab company. Wow did it fly!!! The speedometer stopped at 160!!!not 120 like the regular cars)The Ford Econoline is a 63 or a 64 Hard to see the detail in the grile and the tailights to be sure.The Mercedes is a 1980 model and the motorhome is a Ford E-350 econoline.Hope that helps...?

similarities between the Monaco and the Fury make me think the cars were made in partnership between the two(same?) companies . but i'd rather be inclined to the Dodge ' date=' the rear lights are some kinda lined the Fury seems to have squared ones[img']http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/jpm1/cap002-2.jpgreal cars photos :http://members.fortunecity.com/copcarsite/chrysler900.htmli'll check the other vehicles however

i'm not really a car buff. i just looked at the link i posted.

seen from the front it's almost impossible to say but i think it's a Dodge

Eingefügtes Bildhere's a 77ish monacothe split grill looks the same as the one in the ep to me. the fury appears to have a one piece grill. maybe that changed (or interchanged) on different years. i dunno. once again, i'm no car expert.

• Administrators

both daytonas were replicas in all episodes.read this:http://www.miami-vice.ws/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=2149this car belongs to our own "jurassic narc" in north georgia!even thurmond's yellow spyder in "one way ticket" was a replica.

And did you know that they were an automatic too? :D

both daytonas were replicas in all episodes.read this:http://www.miami-vice.ws/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=2149this car belongs to our own "jurassic narc" in north georgia!even thurmond's yellow spyder in "one way ticket" was a replica.

Thurmond who is he . in p. of addiction they say a doctor Swartz rent a real Ferrari for a short time . i'm asking at imcb they say they are Ferrari

thurmond refers to the lawyer in season 2's "one way ticket". sorry if i spoiled it for you.i missed the swartz part of that article myself. no real daytona made it to the final product of any vice episode that i've seen.

thurmond refers to the lawyer in season 2's "one way ticket". sorry if i spoiled it for you.i missed the swartz part of that article myself. no real daytona made it to the final product of any vice episode that i've seen.

The car seen briefly in the pilot (but not driven) is a real Daytona. I believe that the car that Thurmond drives in ONE WAY TICKET is also a real Daytona leased for the show.

dang. i need to change my avatar/signature. i know nothing about the MV daytonas :)the yellow one looked more like a replica than crx to me. shows what i know.which seen in the pilot is the real daytona? i've never heard of this.please list any other strange facts about the daytona that i need to know as well :)

• 1 month later...
Eingefügtes Bildhere's a 77ish monacothe split grill looks the same as the one in the ep to me. the fury appears to have a one piece grill. maybe that changed (or interchanged) on different years. i dunno. once again' date=' i'm no car expert.[/quote']Your "77ish" comment is correct. In 1976 a law was passed alowing car companies, Ford Chevy and Chrysler, to make the folowing model years have square headlights. Up until then the school of thought was that only a clear focused beam was possible from a round light. The 1977 models of the big three started using the new "Swuare headlights" There were duals and quads for many makes and models.By the way...it wasn't until 1992 that European style wrap around headlights were allowed in North American built vehicles. Look where its at now????????My ... how things have changed.................?