Did you know that...

Christine

Did you know that it wasn´t good if an actor was named Eddie in the series?During the first three seasons, three people with that name got killed in:-Brother´s Keeper- Milk Run- Red Tape

Great thread, interesting facts. I'd like to know how many blazers Sonny Crockett wore throughout the whole series :) Anyone made a count ?

You´re right, neworder. I only had been watching Red Tape for the bio and suddenly I relized that more than one Eddie was killed during these three seasons.

At least we know why Eddie Murphy didn't do any guest stars like everyone else did back in the 80's!:DInteresting thread though, Eddie is usually a name you think of off the top of your head when your writing a secondary character in the story, Eddie just isn't a good name for a main character and that's why we never saw one named Eddie (Eddie Rivera was secondary because he was killed off too soon setting up the plot for the rest of the pilot), so I guess they figured they are going to knock the character off by the end of the episode anyways so they just gave him some quick, easy name that's easy to remember, plus you got to save the bigger and/or better names for larger characters.

The time isn´t lost because most of the stupid things are funny and if something is funny one can laugh about it. And laughing, again, is good for your health!

The time isn´t lost because most of the stupid things are funny and if something is funny one can laugh about it. And laughing' date=' again, is good for your health![/quote']That is true, laughing is good for your health, although being named Eddie on an episode of Miami Vice isn't!:D

For fun, I just googled the name Eddie in the glossary, here is a complete list of characters named Eddie:Eddie Rivera (Brother's Keeper) -DEADEddie (Milk Run) - DEADEdddie Kay (When Irish Eyes Are Crying) - DEADEddie Trumbull (Red Tape) - DEADFast Eddie (Amen ... Send Money) - ALIVE, BUT IT"S BEN STILLER WHICH MAKES YOU WISH HE WAS KNOCKED OFFSo, being named Eddie is like wearing a red shirt on Star Trek or if your last name on Miami Vice is Calderone, you're either dead or Ben Stiller, which makes you wish you were the guy with the red shirt on Star Trek or a Calderone.

Did you know that it wasn´t good if an actor was named Eddie in the series?During the first three seasons' date=' three people with that name got killed in:-Brother´s Keeper- Milk Run- Red Tape[/quote']Eddie Gilbert alias Eddie Gomez alias Eddie Tobias wasn´t very lucky either (Jack of all trades) but at least he survived!