Homicide/Vice?

Shill

Bit of a legal question here guys, but have always wondered, according to Florida laws, what crimes come under Homicide and what come under Vice, and is there a common ground? :confused:

• Administrators

If it's a dead body it's Homicide, if it's a dead body on drugs, it's Vice! :pJust kidding, I have no idea. Good question. I'm guessing that there is a slight variation from department to department as to where they draw the line. Maybe Jurassic Narc can answer that.

Bit of a legal question here guys' date=' but have always wondered, according to Florida laws, what crimes come under Homicide and what come under Vice, and is there a common ground? :confused:[/quote']It is an administrative decision, and not dicated by any law. The circumstances in "Home Invaders" is really pretty accurate. Vice (or the undercover units) were called in when surveillance was needed for a particularly high profile investigation. Usually the supervisor for the unit responsible for the case (Robbery/Homicide or Crimes Against Persons are common names for the division or section responsible) was the person in charge of the overall investigation. Generally, though, so much money and effort is expended to make an undercover operation "undercover" that they would not be used to work on a normal death investigation. But, with that being said, recently in Georgia a woman was kidnapped in a very rural area. The GBI mobilized a massive response to search for her and/or her attacker. Members of my old work unit (the Regional Drug Enforcement Office for the GBI) responded to this high profile investigation because the danger to a human being outweighed the other issues (she has not yet been located, by the way).JN
  • Like 1