Favorite Old Time Horror Movie Actor

maynard

• Administrators

Karloff and Lugosi were undoubtedly among the best when it came to horror movies! As a kid I loved all those old movies, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman.Vincent Price was also synonymous with horror from movies like "The Fly" right up to and including "Edward Scissorhands" (his last film) To me he was unforgettable in "The House On Haunted Hill" and let's not forget the man of a thousand faces Lon Chaney Jr.!

Wasn't the man of a thousand faces his father, Lon Chaney Sr.?I always liked Boris Karloff and Christopher Lee (would he classify as old time? I think his first Dracula film for Hammer was 1959?).

Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price, all phenomenal.What kind of world do we live in where NO cable channel is playing Price's "Theatre Of Blood" this Halloween?! Easily my favorite film of his.

Boris Karloff' date=' Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price, all phenomenal.What kind of world do we live in where NO cable channel is playing Price's "Theatre Of Blood" this Halloween?! Easily my favorite film of his.[/quote']I forgot about Vincent Price. They have been showing his movies all week. The original "House of Wax" scared the crap out of men when I was a kid.

• Administrators

"The Fall of the House of Usher" One of my favorites as a kid.And the one with the person with the "eye" that was stuffed under the floor boards. Anyone know the name of that one?Psycho. Another classic.Pet Cemetery. That freaked me out as an adult in theaters. :eek:

I can't remember this one movie - maybe someone here knows the name...The main character, whenever he looks into a mirror, sees a very hideous and scary woman coming towards him...but when he looks around, he sees nothing!Anyone know the name?! I saw it as a kid in the 80s, but don't know the name. It freaked me out!

• Administrators

...And the one with the person with the "eye" that was stuffed under the floor boards. Anyone know the name of that one?...

OK, Google got the better of me for this one. It is the "Tell-Tail Heart" By Edgar Allen Poe. Spooky to see as a child. I just remember the eye and the non stop heart beat of the old guy under the floor boards.

• Administrators
Wasn't the man of a thousand faces his father' date=' Lon Chaney Sr.?[/quote']You are correct sir! :thumbsup:

Considering there have been about a dozen or more Frankenstiens, all having their own twist to the plot from dreaded spike necks to handsome supermen, it is very hard to decide which of these would be the best?I would say the original from I believe back in 1931 with Karloff as the monster, was one of my favorites, but Young Frankenstien (or should I say ("Frawnkensshteen") is really my all time favorite of all!!! :dance2:

• Administrators
Considering there have been about a dozen or more Frankenstiens' date=' all having their own twist to the plot from dreaded spike necks to handsome supermen, it is very hard to decide which of these would be the best?I would say the original from I believe back in 1931 with Karloff as the monster, was one of my favorites[/quote']Believe it or not my favorite Frankenstein was Glenn Strange who played the monster in "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein" He had the best look of all the monsters IMHO.

• 9 months later...

Peter Cushing and Christopher LeeI'm a huge fan of the old school brittish horror films from Hammer Studios. Especially the ones with Dracula.