World of Honour

omaha

Tonight, on Dutch television, in about one hour, Word of Honour. He (DJ) made it in 2003. Didn't know the year, only knew the titel. Will let you know what my opinion is.I'm exited:thumbsup:

You´ll be thrilled. This is some of DJ´s best acting. The film is not one of the best in history, but solid acting. I can recommend the book that the film is based upon, it´s exellent

Yes, that's probably what I'm not so happy about, all the drama. I can cope with a bit of DJ an emotions, but I can't stand it if it takes too long and he has to act emotional during most of the movie. Ooh, I've just nominated myself for the world's worst DJ fan...

Word of Honor is excellent & I liked it ......but I agree with Danni Crockett' date=' too much drama! I need some shootouts! :dance2:[/quote']Just watched it Tony. Ik think he did a great job. A few shootouts!:D It showed he is a fine actor wholooked good and likes:p to snif his sneeker...His son Jesse had the part of...the son, and also did a fine job. Glad I watched it.

Just watched it Tony. Ik think he did a great job. A few shootouts!:D It showed he is a fine actor wholooked good and likes:p to snif his sneeker...His son Jesse had the part of...the son' date=' and also did a fine job. Glad I watched it.[/quote']Excuse me, Omaha, but you're a bit mistaken here - Jesse had the part of the same character as Don, only younger (as he was during the Vietnam War). Not the son. As for the film itself - I rather liked it, not my favourite just because I'm not that into war movies, but it's fine, and an interesting part for DJ. :thumbsup:I've read an interesting story about that scene in the court when he breaks down weeping - they say he wasn't supposed to do it, just kind of got carried away with the scene... :) I don't know if it's true or not, though.

I watched the first part last night.I was impressed by the acting of DJ.So not Crocket but intens and dramatic.Even his body language showed the fear, frustation and the burdon of the past.I am going to try to get this film on DVD for Sinterklaas ( Sinterklaas = A dutch tradition like santa claus)

Excuse me' date=' Omaha, but you're a bit mistaken here - Jesse had the part of the same character as Don, only younger (as he was during the Vietnam War). Not the son. As for the film itself - I rather liked it, not my favourite just because I'm not that into war movies, but it's fine, and an interesting part for DJ. :thumbsup:I've read an interesting story about that scene in the court when he breaks down weeping - they say he wasn't supposed to do it, just kind of got carried away with the scene... :) I don't know if it's true or not, though.[/quote']Yes you are correct there:)! Well,...I'm getting older:DThanks for your responce.Omaha

I watched the first part last night.I was impressed by the acting of DJ.So not Crocket but intens and dramatic.Even his body language showed the fear' date=' frustation and the burdon of the past.I am going to try to get this film on DVD for Sinterklaas ( Sinterklaas = A dutch tradition like santa claus)[/quote']Oh yes, DJ's body language... :thumbsup:Sometimes I wonder how actors do it. I mean, is it done deliberately, after specific studying of psychologic tricks - you know, this gesture means this, and that gesture means that... or just by intuition, through actually "feeling" the character's emotions, and then gestures just come naturally... :confused:

I just saw the last part of the movie.I am not just impressed but verry impressed!I sat on the edge of my seat so to speak, to not miss a thing.He just became his caracter.

Gratulation to the Netherlands! You can see so good films - and in Germany I think we can wait and wait and wait..... - but we can see very old movies again and again and again.... I would like to see this film....