Biggest cruise ship arrives @ Miami

jpaul1

I´ve seen Queen Mary 2 in Hamburg when I was there in August. I thought that this ship was huge and absolute impressing, but I think that the Oasis of the seas is more impressing.

• Administrators

That's great but how do they expect to put 5000 passengers on that boat each and every week in this economy? :confused:Tourism isn't at an all time high right now. Hope they don't go under.I wonder what their breaking point is in terms of number of passengers that have to book in order for the boat just to break even ever week? :eek:As I read somewhere else, "It looks like a big H1N1 (swine flu) incubator." :)

That's great but how do they expect to put 5000 passengers on that boat each and every week in this economy? :confused:QUOTE]Bankers and Wall Street types have lots of money...heheheheehhe!I'm BROKE!

There are a lot of welathy people on this world. Besides that, there are also "cheap" cabins on these ships. I don´t know anything about the prizes on the Oasis of seas, but the cheapest cabins on the Queen Mary Two are about 2000 Euro (about 3500 $) for a trip from Southampton to New York. These are inside cabins, but if one books such a great trip he won´t spend much time in his cabin.

Out of interest regarding the cost, I've found holidays to Florida for 2 weeks staying partly in a hotel then Ocean of the Seas, including flights from London in Oct 2010 the cost starts at £1200 per person (2000 US dollars/1350 Euros). For an experience of a lifetime I don't think that's too bad ... it's a shame I can only do short trips on a boat :sick: