When did it start

omaha

I often wondered; the pilot from Miami Vice was OK, wright so far? Then the public interest went down and the producers made some changes. In, or after what show from the first season their luck turned? Is there any information about that anyone knows? I know at the end of season one it was a big hit.

I often wondered; the pilot from Miami Vice was OK' date=' wright so far? Then the public interest went down and the producers made some changes. In, or after what show from the first season their luck turned? Is there any information about that anyone knows? I know at the end of season one it was a big hit.[/quote']I read your post again and again.. I just dont know what you are talking about..

Guest neworder

I know roughly what Omaha means, the Pilot was a success, but then interest declined during the immediate episodes afterwards and Omaha would like to know where the luck turned and information about it.I've heard of this before and I think a key shift occurred when they introduced Castillo. For me anyway the 3 episodes that hooked me to Vice were One Eyed Jack, No Exit and The Great McCarthy, the style seems to establish itself as does the music perfectly and Castillo's there too. But 'officially' I'm not sure what point in Season 1 it exploded in popularity, I assume Smugglers' Blues maybe that episode. Maybe someone else can shed light on that.

• Administrators

Hmm, I always thought it was a hit right from the start. If it helps at all I specifically remember an announcement during the closing credits of "Milk Run" that Miami Vice had been picked up for the full season.

But 'officially' I'm not sure what point in Season 1 it exploded in popularity' date=' I assume Smugglers' Blues maybe that episode. Maybe someone else can shed light on that.[/quote']Yes, Smugglers' Blues was when it really became a hit. That's what I've read anyway...

I remember reading something about that once. There was a bit of a shift in style after a few episodes, toning back the comedy and making it a bit more serious, as the pilot had been. The pilot was TENSE!

Guest neworder

Yeah I'm trying to put my finger where I've heard this now you've said that airtommy because I remember them mentioning about scaling back on the Elvis bits. It might be one of the documentaries on the Season 1 box set ...

Omaha, here's how it happened.It didn't begin with a particular show, different factors played into it's popularity.What happened was yes, they did the changes like they stated in the DVD extras about adding Castillo, and making it more serious, and a better show, but what really did it was the summer re-runs.The show lagged behind shows that people usually watched like DALLAS. It first caught peoples attention when it was nominated while late in the season for 15 Emmy nominations. When DALLAS and Falcon Crest were in summer re-runs, people who had seen those shows, watched something that they hadn't been watching during the summer. That show was MIAMI VICE.It took off during the summer months when people were not in school or on vacation, and it's ratings soared higher. It was a hit at that point.When people returned to work and school, it was the talk of the town.MIAMI VICE never reached the number one spot in ratings, but it did hit number 3 of all shows at it's highest point.Hope this helps!-COOP

• Like 1

• Administrators

By the time "The Prodigal Son" rolled around Vice was at the top of it's popularity. It was the top story on shows like "Entertainment Tonight" showing a press conference in New York where they were surrounded by fans going insane! Vice had hit the big time!

Neworder wrote: "I know roughly what Omaha means, the Pilot was a success, but then interest declined during the immediate episodes afterwards and Omaha would like to know where the luck turned and information about it."Thanks neworder:). Is it my english Don, or was it something you didn't know what made you read my post again and again?

Yeah I'm trying to put my finger where I've heard this now you've said that airtommy because I remember them mentioning about scaling back on the Elvis bits. It might be one of the documentaries on the Season 1 box set ...

Yes, it is mentioned there.

Omaha' date=' here's how it happened.It didn't begin with a particular show, different factors played into it's popularity.What happened was yes, they did the changes like they stated in the DVD extras about adding Castillo, and making it more serious, and a better show, but what really did it was the summer re-runs.The show lagged behind shows that people usually watched like DALLAS. It first caught peoples attention when it was nominated while late in the season for 15 Emmy nominations. When DALLAS and Falcon Crest were in summer re-runs, people who had seen those shows, watched something that they hadn't been watching during the summer. That show was MIAMI VICE.It took off during the summer months when people were not in school or on vacation, and it's ratings soared higher. It was a hit at that point.When people returned to work and school, it was the talk of the town.MIAMI VICE never reached the number one spot in ratings, but it did hit number 3 of all shows at it's highest point.Hope this helps!-COOP[/quote']Yes it does C&B. So it were the reruns during the summer that did it. Thanks for answering my question, and everyone else ofcourse :flowers:By the way, a couple of weeks ago I posted an article about the "Batlle between Dallas ans Miami Vice" in the General section. When anyone who is interested follows the link, you'll find a newspaper article (you saw it Coop) about DJ's house on Star island. When you shove the text further to the left you reach a new article about Dallas and MV.

By the time "The Prodigal Son" rolled around Vice was at the top of it's popularity. It was the top story on shows like "Entertainment Tonight" showing a press conference in New York where they were surrounded by fans going insane! Vice had hit the big time!

That was the weekend I had to be out of town for my niece's wedding:eek: I remember praying hard that I had programmed my VCR correctly, so I could watch the episode as soon as I returned home on Sunday night;) The tape was fine, and I watched it over and over and over and over :D I have the interviews showing them filming on the street, interviewing Don and Paul Michael Glaser.

This is VERY IMPORTANT!Don't forget, that in September of 85, the MIAMI VICE SOUNDTRACK came out, and JAN HAMMER's MIAMI VICE THEME was the number one song on the radio! It also was the number one ALBUM in the U.S. during the summer months when the re-runs became popular, and a hit with U.S. viewers. It sold 1.7 million copies in three weeks. It was a GREAT advertising tool for MIAMI VICE.

• Like 1

That was the weekend I had to be out of town for my niece's wedding:eek: I remember praying hard that I had programmed my VCR correctly' date=' so I could watch the episode as soon as I returned home on Sunday night;) The tape was fine, and I watched it over and over and over and over :D I have the interviews showing them filming on the street, interviewing Don and Paul Michael Glaser.[/quote']Body was at the wedding, mind was on Miami Vice! :D

This is VERY IMPORTANT!Don't forget' date=' that in September of 85, the MIAMI VICE SOUNDTRACK came out, and JAN HAMMER's MIAMI VICE THEME was the number one song on the radio! It also was the number one ALBUM in the U.S. during the summer months when the re-runs became popular, and a hit with U.S. viewers. It sold 1.7 million copies in three weeks. It was a GREAT advertising tool for MIAMI VICE.[/quote']Wright! I was in my late twenty's and I remember very well that Jam Hammer reached the number one place in the Dutch top 40. Also Crockett's theme was a major hit here, as it was everywhere,:) The moment Crockett cut his hair in seison three, I had just cut my hair the same way! I called my wife, she was at work, in extacy telling her so. Yes Guys and Dolls, .....that was when Omaha was young and beautifull. Now I only am beautifull and waiting for, I don't know,....somewhere,.......

Fman, are there any movie pictures about that moment?