Info about a Miami Vice tour

Erik76

Hello friendsI really hope to visit Miami in the summer 2010!:dance:Who did allready a Miami Vice tour on this forum ? I really want to see the most important film-locations. :DBut every information about hotels (MV hotels if possible),locations, good places to eat,excursions are very welcome!I hope somebody here can help me to plan my trip.I look forward to make lots of pictures and film ;)Thanks a lot !Best regardsErik

Clevelanderyou might want to stop at the Clevelander on South Beach. They shot a few times there, once when I played Doris Gumble on the episcode Mirror Image.

Hi ErikI visited Miami in September and I stayed in South Beach. It was an excellent area to be based in as there are so many MV locations around there. I was at the hotel Winterhaven, one of the art deco hotels used in several episodes. I stayed there on 14th St as it was quieter at night than further south on Ocean. By the way, parking is expensive on South Beach as space is at a premium there.There is a brilliant location map on this site and also the glossary is great for the amount of information. You need to decide what locations you would like to see then find out whether they're still standing or whether they've changed beyond recognition. Sadly the OCB building has gone but there is still plenty to see.I hope you have fun planning it!

Avoid the months of August, September and October, as this is the height of the hurricane season, and could have the potential to ruin your trip. May and June will allow you to get some "off-season" rates, and almost no chance of a hurricane.

I've been lucky when visiting Florida to not being involved with a hurricane in any of the months I've been there but I have to say that the humidity in September was very high and pretty uncomfortable. Thank heavens for aircon!

Thank youI was glad to find your reactions on my question.Thank you very much! This forum is fantastic!The information is very usefull.kind regards from Belgium Erik