What happened to the original MV colors?

ivoryjones

17 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

@RedDragon86Okay, I had the time today and checked back into the differences of the Pilot opening. I’ll be honest and say it has been several years since I have watched my original Universal DVD set of Season 1 (by the way, I don’t care what some people say, the digital remastering of those episodes on that set is still pretty awesome!) I compared it to my original 1984 NBC airing of the Pilot. Anyway, I discovered that I was actually incorrect! 

The original Universal DVD set of Season 1 from 2005, does include the Pilot in its original 2hr format...and it includes all the guest cast in the opening credits (such as Belinda Montgomery, Bill Smitrovich, Miguel Pinero, Martin Ferrero, etc...), and the Jewish couple holding their baby is included as well! 

I thought I had remembered that the Universal DVD set had used the split, or 2-part (a.k.a. edited/“Brother’s Keeper” version) of the Pilot. But, I guess I was wrong, and it also did a very good job of trying to restore the Pilot to its original format, and how it originally aired. :thumbsup: 

So, I’m not sure what DVD set you were originally referring to, but the one I have has the Pilot with everything included. 

The seasons I bought on DVD were released in 2006 and in the opening intro of the pilot doesn't have any of these things included. 

Untitled.png.c91f99bb942478431739a31d2dd6c9ad.png

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

The seasons I bought on DVD were released in 2006 and in the opening intro of the pilot doesn't have any of these things included. 

That's as I said, the UK release, you can see the BBFC certificate bottom right :thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Miami Beau said:

Hey Titus, I agree pal. If you’re someone like me that watches the show on a very frequent basis then a Miami Vice Blu-Ray boxset upgrade is is definitely recommended. I still keep the old universal DVDs around just as a backup. Since purchasing the Koch Media boxset upon its release in October 2020, I can say it was absolutely a great investment. I believe at the time, Koch media were not selling it to the United Stated market due to not having any US distribution rights though not sure if that’s changed. But yeah, if you’re someone who watches the show sporadically, then maybe don’t upgrade. But if you’re watching the show daily, then get the upgrade. 

Improved resolution better than the DVDs, sound is very good and the colours pop. All round great upgrade. 
58848516-5A8D-4B64-BC85-79AA77A77E09.thumb.jpeg.8ee7364f033622398a2c90d93b1b9b3d.jpeg

I’ve not checked out the Mill Creek version as it’s a US only release and I don’t own a American Blu-Ray player. Either way, whatever you go for, Blu-ray is a good long term investment.

The Koch set from what I’ve seen and heard has very vivid colors...but almost too vivid. They look more of a bright, “harsh” or “electrified” neon, rather than the soft pastels the show originally was. Some even stated that the skin tone on some of the people sometimes looked like a bizarre “greenish” color. It’s almost as if Koch created their own color-scheme. I’ve seen stills and pics and understand what they’re talking about.

I believe they also used the U.K. version for the Pilot, which means it’s the edited split 2-parter (aka the “Brother’s Keeper” version)...whereas the U.S. sets (Universal & Mill Creek) used the original 2hr Pilot (originally aired as just Miami Vice). The price was also insane (regardless of what they’d done)!! :eek: I don’t think it’s even available anymore...but not positive on that? But, I’m sure the digitally remastered job is as good as any of the home video sets out by all the companies/countries. 

Personally, I think the Mill Creek Blu-ray set is as close to a digitally remastered restoration to how the show was originally meant to be & looked, as you’re probably going to find—but I doubt any set is “perfect”. ALL home video sets used syndicated/rerun versions (aka edited/cut) for the episodes (except maybe the Pilot).  Supposedly, there are no original uncut unedited NBC airings in existence at the studio anymore. However, I question that. ;) But, as for what home video sets to get...it all comes down to what everyone thinks they like best & what works best for them, and go with it! :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

That makes sense...the U.K. first season set must have used the split, syndicated rerun versions for the Pilot. I’ve heard that other countries outside the U.S. had even more “butchered” (edited/cut) episodes than even the U.S. ones (which are still our own edited syndicated reruns). If possible for you, I think the Mill Creek Blu-ray set is the way to go! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bodie said:

They are the same masters, so essentially the same as the Blu-ray but at lower resolution and we did notice some audio issues with the Blu-ray that were not on their DVDs - different workflow evidently gave different results even though working from the same source.

Interesting, I’ve not noticed any audio issues on the Mill Creek Blu-ray set?? It all sounds awesome to me! :clap: 

I’m sure they’re “technically” at a lower resolution than the Blu-rays...but my original Universal DVD season sets still look and sound pretty cool! I don’t watch them a lot anymore (as I usually watch my Mill Creek Blu-ray set...and I have some original uncut NBC airings—which are MV gold in my opinion), but once in a while it’s fun to get em out. :dance2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ViceFanMan said:

Interesting, I’ve not noticed any audio issues on the Mill Creek Blu-ray set?? It all sounds awesome to me! :clap: 

I’m sure they’re “technically” at a lower resolution than the Blu-rays...but my original Universal DVD season sets still look and sound pretty cool! I don’t watch them a lot anymore (as I usually watch my Mill Creek Blu-ray set...and I have some original uncut NBC airings—which are MV gold in my opinion), but once in a while it’s fun to get em out. :dance2:

Some of the audio errors were fixed by Mill Creek, but not all. For instance*

But yes, I absolutely agree. With the exception of Germany's original cut and very poor quality DVDs and the inital double sided US discs, the series has fared very well on DVD. Not one single music substitution. As I always say, look at poor old Nash Bridges to see where we could be.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:18 PM, bodie said:

Of course, there are still niggles (as per earlier in the thread) that could and should be cleared up;

- 'Sons and Lovers' missing line from Zito in the introduction

- 'Definitely Miami' has a ten second hole in the audio track

- El Viejo missing frames/skipping when the car drives into the graveyard mist

and, just for completeness, those that were addressed, but still need to be avoided by any company looking at this;

- 'Heart of Darkness' and 'Evan' have echo in their 5.1 mixes

- 'The Great McCarthy' eight audio dropouts

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bodie said:

Some of the audio errors were fixed by Mill Creek, but not all. For instance*

But yes, I absolutely agree. With the exception of Germany's original cut and very poor quality DVDs and the inital double sided US discs, the series has fared very well on DVD. Not one single music substitution. As I always say, look at poor old Nash Bridges to see where we could be.

I think I have a “later” edition of the Mill Creek Blu-ray set...so the audio issues are probably fixed on it.

I’ve heard that other countries outside the U.S. (Germany, U.K., etc...) have edited & cut the episodes even worse than the U.S. edited (aka syndicated reruns) ones. However, ALL home video sets used edited/cut (syndicated reruns) versions for the episodes. There is no perfect “official” set. 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I think I have a “later” edition of the Mill Creek Blu-ray set...so the audio issues are probably fixed on it.

I’ve heard that other countries outside the U.S. (Germany, U.K., etc...) have edited & cut the episodes even worse than the U.S. edited (aka syndicated reruns) ones. However, ALL home video sets used edited/cut (syndicated reruns) versions for the episodes. There is no perfect “official” set. 

Yup, see the problems thread for how to identify the corrected Mill Creek sets/discs. But yes at this stage you'd have to be buying from an eBay or amazon seller to get old stock now. Any of the retailers with high turnover will have been selling the correct thing for ages now.

That said, there are errors on the Mill Creek, as per my list above. And they were not on the Mill Creek DVD's as I said earlier.

That would mean something to @Eillio Martin Imbasciatiwho's just bought them. And would have been more of an issue to people here at the time, except we all had the earlier DVDs with none of the sound issues and were waiting for the Blu-rays. So looking too much at the DVDs of the new masters was widely skipped... except by me, who couldn't wait :p

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bodie said:

Yup, see the problems thread for how to identify the corrected Mill Creek sets/discs. But yes at this stage you'd have to be buying from an eBay or amazon seller to get old stock now. Any of the retailers with high turnover will have been selling the correct thing for ages now.

That said, there are errors on the Mill Creek, as per my list above. And they were not on the Mill Creek DVD's as I said earlier.

That would mean something to @Eillio Martin Imbasciatiwho's just bought them. And would have been more of an issue to people here at the time, except we all had the earlier DVDs with none of the sound issues and were waiting for the Blu-rays. So looking too much at the DVDs of the new masters was widely skipped... except by me, who couldn't wait :p

Yeah, my Blu-ray set I got from Walmart.com within this last year. I actually had not necessarily planned on getting anymore sets...as yes, I had gotten each of the Universal season DVD sets as they were released, and for digitally remastered at the time, they were pretty awesome (I still think they are)!  

However, I feel blessed beyond all television-measure to also actually have original, uncut NBC airings (complete with original commercial-bumpers) that have been transferred from VHS to DVD. For how old the episodes were, and no they’re not “digitally” remastered...the colors, picture quality, and sound are superb! :glossy: This is still my favorite way to watch the show...it’s in its original “real” context, with no editing or alterations. In my opinion, you can’t get better than that! But, that’s just me. :funky:

As for digitally remastered, someone this past spring strongly suggested I get the Mill Creek Blu-ray set, and I found it for sale online at Walmart.com. I have not been disappointed, and am very glad I got it! :clap: 

At this point, unless they figure out a way to watch the episodes in like a 3-D holograph and/or virtual reality way in front of me :p, I again don’t plan to get any other companies/countries’ sets as I think I have the best ways to view the series. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

This is still my favorite way to watch the show...it’s in its original “real” context, with no editing or alterations. In my opinion

Could you give any concrete examples of such alterations / butchered scenes? I venture to say I am not the only one interested. I 've always thought the original DVD transfers have preserved the show intact. 

Edited by Viceguy

11 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Yeah, my Blu-ray set I got from Walmart.com within this last year. I actually had not necessarily planned on getting anymore sets...as yes, I had gotten each of the Universal season DVD sets as they were released, and for digitally remastered at the time, they were pretty awesome (I still think they are)!  

However, I feel blessed beyond all television-measure to also actually have original, uncut NBC airings (complete with original commercial-bumpers) that have been transferred from VHS to DVD. For how old the episodes were, and no they’re not “digitally” remastered...the colors, picture quality, and sound are superb! :glossy: This is still my favorite way to watch the show...it’s in its original “real” context, with no editing or alterations. In my opinion, you can’t get better than that! But, that’s just me. :funky:

As for digitally remastered, someone this past spring strongly suggested I get the Mill Creek Blu-ray set, and I found it for sale online at Walmart.com. I have not been disappointed, and am very glad I got it! :clap: 

At this point, unless they figure out a way to watch the episodes in like a 3-D holograph and/or virtual reality way in front of me :p, I again don’t plan to get any other companies/countries’ sets as I think I have the best ways to view the series. :thumbsup: 

Absolutely. For a long time I thought it might never get to Blu-ray at all. So it's all good :fireworks:

1 hour ago, Viceguy said:

Could you give any concrete examples of such alterations / butchered scenes? I venture to say I am not the only one interested. I 've always thought the original DVD transfers have preserved the show intact. 

It depends. As we've just been talking about the UK, that had mandatory cuts for animal cruelty and an earclap. But as I said, Germany fared far worse with heavily edited episodes in terrible quality - when they need the local language, sometimes this is how it goes. Hence the enormous price of the German Blu-rays, they were righting many wrongs for the German speaking audience which are not relevant to English language viewers; thus so few of us shelled out for it, because the same masters can be had from Mill Creek for $40... with only technical differences.

On DVD, as we've just been saying, once the series was reissued on single sided media in the US, it was as well served as any on the format and better than others like Nash Bridges, which is still hobbled by music cuts to this day for home viewing.

Differences from broadcast to home media are down to colour timing, which this thread is about, and the odd trim here or there for time or formatting to feature or single episode length.

On original UK broadcast many episodes were never even shown - so home format was a premiere for many of them.

Edited by bodie
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

The Koch set from what I’ve seen and heard has very vivid colors...but almost too vivid. They look more of a bright, “harsh” or “electrified” neon, rather than the soft pastels the show originally was. Some even stated that the skin tone on some of the people sometimes looked like a bizarre “greenish” color. It’s almost as if Koch created their own color-scheme. I’ve seen stills and pics and understand what they’re talking about.

I believe they also used the U.K. version for the Pilot, which means it’s the edited split 2-parter (aka the “Brother’s Keeper” version)...whereas the U.S. sets (Universal & Mill Creek) used the original 2hr Pilot (originally aired as just Miami Vice). The price was also insane (regardless of what they’d done)!! :eek: I don’t think it’s even available anymore...but not positive on that? But, I’m sure the digitally remastered job is as good as any of the home video sets out by all the companies/countries. 

Personally, I think the Mill Creek Blu-ray set is as close to a digitally remastered restoration to how the show was originally meant to be & looked, as you’re probably going to find—but I doubt any set is “perfect”. ALL home video sets used syndicated/rerun versions (aka edited/cut) for the episodes (except maybe the Pilot).  Supposedly, there are no original uncut unedited NBC airings in existence at the studio anymore. However, I question that. ;) But, as for what home video sets to get...it all comes down to what everyone thinks they like best & what works best for them, and go with it! :thumbsup:

Yeah man I totally get what you’re saying. I think overall given my location in Europe and given the Koch set is meant to be an exclusive for the European market, it’s the best set I can get my hands on. The Mill Creek set to my understanding is a US release meant for the US market and from what I’ve heard, sounds like the best set to obtain if you’re in America. 

I count myself lucky that I found a website that streams all 5 seasons in HD for free. From what I understand, the site uploaded the Mill creek versions so I got the best of both worlds, Koch Blu- Ray/MillCreek Online.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 1:42 AM, Wayfarers4ever said:

Ok so putting aside the issue of incorrect colors, I wanted to do a compare and contrast of all the different title shots.

I chose nine of the most representative images from each season (thanks for your hard work, ivoryjones!) and they appear in chronological order, from top left to bottom right. Also I did my best to control for brightness/saturation between the shots (the "in stereo" logo really helped) and any time I had to interpret/take some artistic license I decided to err on the side of too much saturation (especially the blues) rather than too little since that seems to be one of the main complaints of the DVD/streaming releases. Feel free to take it or leave it, pal ;)

Season 1 titles... you can see the addition of the glow for Calderone's Return

Media MiamiVice TitleS1.jpg

Season 2... gotta love those blues

Media MiamiVice TitleS2.jpg

Seasons 3 through 5, which each row representing one season. There simply isn't enough variation in the colors to do each of these seasons separately

Media MiamiVice TitleS3.jpg

It's really remarkable how they were tweaking these for damn near every episode, even if it was just the slightest brightening or darkening. That's some real attention to detail that makes the decision to forgo these in the later releases all the more baffling.

And if nothing else I hope these make for some damn sexy eye candy! :easter:

Whilst of course there are deliberate changes visible here like the introduction of the glow and the change from it being pink to white. Much of that variation is down to the different prints and transfers for each tape. You get that kind of variation with pretty much any run of episodes from broadcast tapes that have not been digitally conformed;

np07kAN4_o.jpg

So for home format, of course Vice is not going to have station logos and In Stereo where available on it. Any more than that would have been seen on international broadcast at the time; it's information that doesn't apply. Though it is of course of interest to us fans.

They also didn't just master one title sequence and apply it to all episodes and newly generate the relevant captions. That has happened to many shows over the years, losing any and all variation, intended or otherwise, between sequences. They just don't want to clean and conform the same title sequence over and over, it's all time and money.

But with Vice we can see that in the digital era, we do have a lovely range of transfers and presentations between the seasons - the very best of course being the remastered first episode, which has the best mix of clarity and the richest range of tones - as we said at the time, we can but dream of the rest of the episodes being fully remastered like that (maybe later for 4K, who knows?);

rPZ6hopF_o.png

Now just for fun there on the bottom right I have included a frame of my own, which is the top left (full remaster of the pilot) but adjusted to match the VHS clip from @Miami Beau

I don't expect anyone producing masters for viewing today to time to a VHS which is demonstrably lacking in any kind of fidelity to source. But as it's evident from this thread and the number of times this issue comes up, that yes, the show went out with different levels to home format, I thought I would just have a look.

To me, it's waaaay overcooked and bound to be down to the capture method and the standard of broadcast and home display 37 years ago - so it's all very bright and the colours are punched so hard.

These days it doesn't work, as you can see, my image doesn't look real - it's like a blown out seaside postcard compared to the remaster top left.

But should anyone desperately want that look, but without the smear of ancient VHS, it can be done pretty easily to the new masters to create that effect. But in a dark room today I think you'd probably blind yourself.

The grade of the full remaster of the pilot is great and advances on all the areas we'd expect today. More of that action would do it for me - same master as on the right here;

On 7/16/2017 at 2:03 AM, bodie said:

mv_keeper_01_zpsuqdywyok.jpg~original.jpg

mv_keeper_03_zpsjkfaipyp.jpg~original.jpg

mv_keeper_04_zpsq4pj8blj.jpg~original.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Viceguy said:

It’s hard to think of several off the top of my head, lol, but I know that sadly syndicated reruns were used for all the home video sets, and subsequently the streaming episodes. Syndicated copies are always edited some to make time for commercials of whatever network is airing it. 

One example of an alteration is the show logo was completely changed for Seasons 3-5. They created this “fake” purple & green  colored logo that was never used in the show’s original run! A love scene between Sonny and Christine in the episode “By Hooker By Crook” was seriously edited down for time purposes. Some colors & lighting in some scenes also seemed altered or possibly faded. 

3 hours ago, bodie said:

Whilst of course there are deliberate changes visible here like the introduction of the glow and the change from it being pink to white. Much of that variation is down to the different prints and transfers for each tape. You get that kind of variation with pretty much any run of episodes from broadcast tapes that have not been digitally conformed;

np07kAN4_o.jpg

So for home format, of course Vice is not going to have station logos and In Stereo where available on it. Any more than that would have been seen on international broadcast at the time; it's information that doesn't apply. Though it is of course of interest to us fans.

They also didn't just master one title sequence and apply it to all episodes and newly generate the relevant captions. That has happened to many shows over the years, losing any and all variation, intended or otherwise, between sequences. They just don't want to clean and conform the same title sequence over and over, it's all time and money.

But with Vice we can see that in the digital era, we do have a lovely range of transfers and presentations between the seasons - the very best of course being the remastered first episode, which has the best mix of clarity and the richest range of tones - as we said at the time, we can but dream of the rest of the episodes being fully remastered like that (maybe later for 4K, who knows?);

rPZ6hopF_o.png

Now just for fun there on the bottom right I have included a frame of my own, which is the top left (full remaster of the pilot) but adjusted to match the VHS clip from @Miami Beau

I don't expect anyone producing masters for viewing today to time to a VHS which is demonstrably lacking in any kind of fidelity to source. But as it's evident from this thread and the number of times this issue comes up, that yes, the show went out with different levels to home format, I thought I would just have a look.

To me, it's waaaay overcooked and bound to be down to the capture method and the standard of broadcast and home display 37 years ago - so it's all very bright and the colours are punched so hard.

These days it doesn't work, as you can see, my image doesn't look real - it's like a blown out seaside postcard compared to the remaster top left.

But should anyone desperately want that look, but without the smear of ancient VHS, it can be done pretty easily to the new masters to create that effect. But in a dark room today I think you'd probably blind yourself.

The grade of the full remaster of the pilot is great and advances on all the areas we'd expect today. More of that action would do it for me - same master as on the right here;

Yeah, colors are a huge aspect to the show...but sometimes I feel that if you try and digitally remaster it too much, it ultimately alters the original color (as bright or vivid as it may be). But, some restoration is of course needed & good. :thumbsup:

Another interesting change is the tell-tale bikini—in your pics above. In the Pilot when they are on the beach after finding the body, the girl’s bikini changed color over time with the reruns aka home video sets. However, it looks as though the Mill Creek set has restored the bikini to pink (which is what it originally was) instead of orange, which is what the reruns & first DVDs had it as.  

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2022 at 2:52 PM, ViceFanMan said:

Yeah, colors are a huge aspect to the show...but sometimes I feel that if you try and digitally remaster it too much, it ultimately alters the original color (as bright or vivid as it may be). But, some restoration is of course needed & good. :thumbsup:

Another interesting change is the tell-tale bikini—in your pics above. In the Pilot when they are on the beach after finding the body, the girl’s bikini changed color over time with the reruns aka home video sets. However, it looks as though the Mill Creek set has restored the bikini to pink (which is what it originally was) instead of orange, which is what the reruns & first DVDs had it as.  

My thought is always that unless the original footage was poor, then I'm cooI with leaving things as is. I always thought Vice did a great job with its look and needed little to no remodeling, but if some little things are cleaned up a bit I don't mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

My thought is always that unless the original footage was poor, then I'm cooI with leaving things as is. I always thought Vice did a great job with its look and needed little to no remodeling, but if some little things are cleaned up a bit I don't mind.

Amen! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Love these high def logos— and a variation of Jan’s great 2002 “Miami Vice - The Complete Collection” double LP.

IMG_6906.jpeg

IMG_6905.jpeg

IMG_6917.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I have a bunch episodes that I taped on beta way back. Last time I looked at them they looked pretty good. Of course I didn’t have an HD tv then.  I always remember the “In Stereo” logo. The one I liked popped up when the main drums come in & then split in the middle when the Miami Vice logo lit up. It was all on beat which was awesome to 15 year old me. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Noggie said:

I have a bunch episodes that I taped on beta way back. Last time I looked at them they looked pretty good. Of course I didn’t have an HD tv then.  I always remember the “In Stereo” logo. The one I liked popped up when the main drums come in & then split in the middle when the Miami Vice logo lit up. It was all on beat which was awesome to 15 year old me. 

I have original, uncut broadcast episodes…and although not HD, the colors and sound quality are amazing! :glossy: They have the “In Stereo” logo (which I loved, too), all the original show logo colors (as with syndication & home video releases—which used syndicated versions, a different colored logo was created for Seasons 3-5: a strange purple & green one, that was never part of the original run), and my episodes include the original commercial-bumpers (although the commercials themselves were cut out)…if you remember or know what those are! It’s pure, un-altered, original, unedited MV! :thumbsup: :dance2:

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 12:01 AM, ViceFanMan said:

I have original, uncut broadcast episodes…and although not HD, the colors and sound quality are amazing! :glossy: They have the “In Stereo” logo (which I loved, too), all the original show logo colors (as with syndication & home video releases—which used syndicated versions, a different colored logo was created for Seasons 3-5: a strange purple & green one, that was never part of the original run), and my episodes include the original commercial-bumpers (although the commercials themselves were cut out)…if you remember or know what those are! It’s pure, un-altered, original, unedited MV! :thumbsup: :dance2:

Is there any chance you have those broadcast episodes available, i wasn't even born when Miami Vice even when the reruns happened in France i was too young and i guess the masters used for those reruns were not the originals ones either. I'm really curious to feel this 80's atmosphere, i'll gladly appreciate it

19 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Is there any chance you have those broadcast episodes available, i wasn't even born when Miami Vice even when the reruns happened in France i was too young and i guess the masters used for those reruns were not the originals ones either. I'm really curious to feel this 80's atmosphere, i'll gladly appreciate it

I wish there was a way for everyone to have access to original airings…but, I don’t really know of one? ?( Even if I somehow (I wouldn’t know how, as I am, not a techie, lol) posted them online somewhere, there’s probably copyright legalities that would get me in trouble. :p

I wish Universal had gotten out the original broadcasts & used those versions for home video (and eventually streaming crap). But, sadly they chose to use syndicated versions—and these are what all the countries & companies have been given access to, including the German set/s…despite their inaccurate/false claim of “uncut” episodes. All home video sets & streaming episodes are the same syndicated versions.

But, despite that the Blu-ray sets are amazing in HD! :D

• Like 1

No problem (private sharing can't be traced though especially if it stays between fans of Miami Vice :))

24 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

No problem (private sharing can't be traced though especially if it stays between fans of Miami Vice :))

Probably true…but, I’m not sure how to do that? ?( I don’t have any way to make copies, I don’t have any way to get them on a computer or online (my personal laptop died about 3-4 years ago & my work laptop blocks those capabilities ;)), and I will never ship my discs anywhere…as if they would get lost or destroyed in transit I’d be screwed…as they are not replaceable. :eek:

You can still find those old VHS to DVD recorders. Not sure the quality would be worth the cost/effort.

I'm more than satisfied with the blu rays (Elephant ver). I don't dismiss the contention that the colors are different. I don't know. Personally I don't notice it. You can manually change your television options, to remedy most of that, if you want.

The one thing I do notice is the bloom in many s4 daytime shots. It washes away a lot of detail. I need to compare it one day to the dvd version.

• Like 1