Have you ever had a Miami Vice dream?

Scot from S.C.

Have you ever had an actual dream about Miami Vice? I mean an actual dream when you are asleep? I confess that I have them occasionally. I had one last night where I was talking to Don Johnson in real life, and I was telling him how much I loved the show. Then he told me that it didn't just have to be a show. He handed me keys to, of all cars, an Acura NSX. We both got in and the dream ended. I have had tons of other ones, but do any of you have dreams of the show? Maybe I have them so often because I often play the dvds while I am winding down and fall asleep with them playing. Mind you it is usually after a couple of episodes play, and very late at night, when this happens. Sometimes I even incorporate the actual shows into my dreams. Now those are the fun ones. I get to actually be a character in the show. :D

Funny I been doing the same lately also playing the dvds while I am winding down and fall asleep with them playing. and the other day I dreamed it in the morning..I must have been quite stressed..I was going in a bus and switched bus several times but never reached my destination...finally I was sitting with Crockett in his Daytona and he dropped me off :D

I was going in a bus and switched bus several times but never reached my destination...finally I was sitting with Crockett in his Daytona and he dropped me off :D

Sounds like in your dream you lived out where the buses don't run. :)

Funny I been doing the same lately also playing the dvds while I am winding down and fall asleep with them playing.

Same here, After the work stress and putting the kids to bed the way to relax.I just started again with season 1No dreams do. But It would be nice!!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who likes to have it on when I fall asleep sometimes. It is funny, but when I start nodding off, I listen to the show playing on the t.v. and my mind automatically plays the scene in my head to match the words. As hokey as it sounds, I hope that when I do nod off, it is still in my mind and ears enough to influence or make a Miami Vice dream. :sleep:

Haha...I hear you Coop! If I could snag some of your cool clothes, Narc's car, and Stinger's boat, I would be set! Seriously, I try to live it each day too. I am working on adding to my wardrobe, I think the mindset is there 24/7, and I watch the series several times a week. :)

I have one about Gina' date=' but thankfully I wake up before she kills me! ;)[/quote']I had one that involved Gina. :happy: She didn't kill me, but I didn't realize until after I joined the forum that Sonny was the only one she didn't.:eek:

Well, I had a couple or two of MV dreams... though the only one I remember more or less distinctly was more like a nightmare. And a weird one too. I surely wouldn't mind to meet Sonny Crockett in my sleep :happy:, but in this dream I WAS Sonny Crockett... :eek: Or, maybe, it was just me, but in a man's body which looked exactly like Don Johnson in season 5 (or 4) - long hair and stuff (I even remember looking at myself in a mirror accidentally). I had a nice big gun, pretty much like Sonny's, and had to fight some bad guy who threatened my family... and the worst thing was that it was my real family, not Sonny's family in the show. Ugh... :freeze: I'm really happy it was just a dream.In other dreams I just ran around together with Sonny and Rico, maybe worked in police too - don't really remember...

• 2 weeks later...

After I got the 111 eps in 1993 (finally the entire collection), I used to have a reappearing dream (always with some variations, but the main idea was the same) in which I saw a Miami Vice ep I never watched before, a kind of "lost" ep, a 112nd ep or whatever... It used to be from 3rd or 4th season. I could see it by the visual of the main cast.Usually it was very nice, like "oh, god, there's one more ep!"This dream used to make me feel something I could never feel again in my life: the experience of watching a new MV episode, the feeling of knowing for sure you'll be surprised with it.In a way, the 2006 movie made me have a small piece of that feeling again (especially the opening of it, in the club, as IMMO it felt a lot like an episode teaser).

• Like 1

That would be GREAT to dream that there was "one more episode". I can imagine the feelings inside dreaming of that.I did have a MIAMI VICE dream last night. It was too short, as I woke up due to a stuffy nose. I was with Crockett, (I may have been Tubbs, only I was myself. I was his side kick) and Castillo. It was dark in a dark room or somewhere outside, but I could make out things due to some lighting (like street lights). We were all sneaking around looking for something or someone.Crockett had a ponytail. Castillo wore what appeared to be a black rubber suit like a scuba suit. It was supposed to be bullet proof, so Crockett was told by Castillo to shoot his pistol at him to test it. I remember thinking this was not a good idea. Castillo stood in front of a wall. Crockett did as he was told, shot the pistol at Castillo. The bullet hit his finger on his hand, but it was gloved, so Castillo was o.k. The suit worked. That's all I remember.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a dream once, that me and a friend found out that this one guy we both hated was a major drug dealer and we were going to 'take him out'It didn't dawn on me at the time that I had gotten into a sports car as a 17 year old kid that I was dreaming. However, when "in the air tonight" by Phil Collins started playing, I thought "bugger, it's only a dream." and woke up.That's as close as I've come.

• 7 months later...

Tubbs and CastilloFeeling emotionally drained as currently I'm going through the hardest time in my life so far, I watched "Fruit of the Poison Tree" last night - instead of crying myself to sleep. I fell asleep soon after turning off the DVD player, then I had a dream about Tubbs accompanying me during my daily visit in the hospital (actually it's a hospice ;( ). A sudden change of scene - I'm at some kind of a stadium with lots of spectators present. They are going to watch a boxing match between... Tubbs and Castillo.I've never taken any drugs and I'm not going to. This strange dream must have been a figment of my (tormented) imagination...

A few months ago, I´ve had a dream of Tubbs, Crockett, and Castillo chasing after someone... in the snow. Even though, I was dreaming, I knew exactly that they were staying in New York somewhere in winter.After I woke up, I started writing a new fan fiction with the title ICE AGE.So, all the members of the German forum can participate on my dream!:)

It must have been a very interesting dream, Christine. I'd really like to watch a "winter episode" of MV, obviously, not set in Florida but somewhere up north. Still, it's hard to imagine a ferrari with winter tyres or Sonny and Rico wearing heavy coats, boots and, let's say, scarves and woollen hats! The episode would probably turn into some Chevy Chase comedy or James Bond's Siberian adventure...

They´re not driving around in a Ferrari, but with snow mobiles and Jeeps with a four - wheel drive. But you´re right, Brenda, it´s absolutely different from the episodes and other fan fictions.What a pity that you´re not able to read a German written fan fiction.

What a pity that you´re not able to read a German written fan fiction.

Yeah' date=' many people can't... [i']Ich kann Deutsch ohne Mühe lesen because German was the first foreign language I learnt at school. When I have more time, I'll take a look at your stories, Christine! Still, it would be fun to read them in English as I can't imagine Rico or Gina speaking German (or my mother tongue, or any other language)... Mind you, I have absolutely nothing against German but to me Miami Vice means American English and all those puns and witty remarks whose meaning is often lost in translation. However, I'm really curious so I promise I'll read your stories! Are you considering to translate them into English for those Vicers who can't read German? That would be major cool! :D

Before going to bed yesterday I watched "The Heart of Heartbeat" (part 1) on Youtube. In the morning the telephone woke me up. While I was trying to understand what was going on, was a jumping & singing phone a nightmare or reality, I had some kind of a short dream of... a slowly driving by big pink car with an open top. In the car there were... FOUR green alligators wearing dark glasses and huge headphones:birdie: :birdie: :birdie::cool::cool::cool::radio::radio::radio: