What's you favorite drink of choice?

Machine Gun Kelley

Here's a few of my liquor choices,,, and I'll start with Tequila, if you don't mind.IMO, Don Julio silver, reposado, and anejo tequilas are a better tasting, better quality Tequila than anything that Jose Cuervo has to offer, which is the best known "tourist tequila". All of their stuff, to my taste, is very harsh and uncompromising, as well as all of the "well" brands that bartenders here and abroad are familiar with. Now, that being said, someone's gonna come on here and flame me for knocking JC.I'll list some of the best Tequilas I've tried over the years, ALL of them are above and beyond what you've ever been led to believe is the best. Trust me."1921" IMO, by far the best I've ever tried. The aftertaste is like sweet flowers. "Corazon". Heart. A different spicy, sweet aftertaste."Casta". Similar to 1921. Has a hand blown glass agave cactus in the bottom of the bottle. Good Tequila. My pick."Don Julio". It has a semi-sweet, peppery aftertaste. Goes well as a sipping tequila with firey tex-mex, or, as most folks find out, in a margarita."Cabo Wabo". Believe it or not, Sammy Hagar makes a fine tequila. Makes great margaritas, especially peach."Patron". The new "standard" back shelf tequila. Just plain all-around good tequila. I think they have flavored tequilas as well, coffee, chocolate, etc.There are other tequilas out there that are worthy of mention, Sauza Hornitos and Tres Generationes comes to mind, their quality and taste has improved dramatically over the last 10-15 years. Mexico also has some micro-distilleries making excellent tequilas,,,, as I said earlier, ALL of them are better than JC.There's also some excellent distillations of Mezcal's, and Sotal's. Similar to Tequila, but made from different varieties of agave cacti.If you're able to do it, I suggest trying the one's I listed above, "neat", sans the salt, lime, and chilled routine. Liquor in a shot glass. If you've a taste for Liquors, Wines or Beers, then you'll experience the tastes I described above.Now, on to the other ingredients.Triple sec. Orange-flavored liquers. To name a few, there's Patrón Citrónge, Cointreau, blue curaçao. Others too. Choose your favorite.Lime juice. Rose's lime juice is the old standby, but there are better ones in the stores. If you have to have the bottled style juice, I prefer "Nellie and Joe's Key West lime juice". I have a taste for key limes, so that's what works for me, since I can't get key limes all the time. There are other lime juices on the shelf, so get one that suits you.Fresh juice. Mexican limes. By far, they will give you the most juice per lime than any other variety. Like I said, I like key limes. More effort, better taste. But that's just my opinion. Salt. If you have a specialty food store in your area, I suggest looking at their selection of sea-salts. Sea-salts from around the globe can work wonders for a margarita. FYI, there's been discussion whether or not salt has been used to cover up the taste of harsh tequila.And, by no means, do you have to stick with the tried and true, lime flavored margaritas. Peach, Bananna, Raspberry, Lemon (made with Meyer Lemons) to name a few. The flavor variations are as limitless as the martini seems to be.So,,, in a nutshell,,,,,Get a good tequila,Get your favorite orange flavored liquerFresh squeezed juice,,,,,Sea-saltAll on the rocks. Frozen dilutes the flavor, IMHO.Hope this helps. Y'all drink up now :cheers:Sorry, just had to share what experience has taught me concerning Tequila. Hopefully, this post has shed light on "Cactus Whiskey". Those of you who's only experience is with "tourist" or harsh tequilas, including some Mezcal's with the worm in them, and then finding yourself bending over the angry chair a few hours later,,,,,, I feel for ya. I was that guy too, back in the day. At one point, I even said "Never again". My eyes were opened one day when a friend, who happened to own a mexican restaurant on the southside of Atlanta, offered me a free shot of Herradura, at that time - 1990 or 1991, the newest tequila offering to cross the border.I have to say that there is a new Tequila classification of "Extra Añejo" ("extra aged" or "ultra aged") – aged a minimum of three years in oak barrels. This category was established in March 2006. I haven't tried any yet, much less found any. Maybe we'll see some here in 2010, after the 3 year or more age limit.For those of you who would like to stock Tequila at home, but don't know which ones to purchase, Here's an idea.Just go to a bar close to you that has a big tequila selection, buy it by the shot or have a Margarita, and compare them side by side. Have a designated driver. After all, there's bound to be at least one you don't like, and that way, you don't have to find a way to get rid of the bottle of the one that doesn't strike your fancy. Then you'll know for sure which ones you wanna stock at home. Works for any alcohol.Man, this post doesn't label me a "Tequila Elitist" does it?

Rums and rum based drinksI like Appleton's VX the best among Appleton's products, although some of their overproofs are pretty awesome. Cruzan has some good ones too. Sangster's Rum Cream is the best I've ever had.One of my favorite sippin Rums,,,Eingefügtes BildCosta Rica has Ron Centenario, it's pretty darned good rum.I used to have a recipe for a variety of hunch punch called "Cannibal",,,, a modified form of "Hurricane punch",,, main ingredient was, of course, rum,,,,,, but it had to be aged a minimum of 2 hours. It tasted like cotton candy, if it was mixed and aged correctly. It was, for all intents and purposes, a 'put you on your ass' party beverage.I guess I really prefer the taste, aroma, and 'feel' of the dark rums better than the light ones. They seem to have more life and spirit, no pun intended.Bacardi is an old standby, but from what I've been able to experience, rum-wise, it's last on my list. I mean, come on, Bacardi Limon? And the orange flavored one? It's just dang demeaning to the spirit, IMO.

I'm not a drinker' date=' but I do like a glass of wine while socializing. I also like KAHLUA, straight, or with creme.[/quote']Kahlua's great!!!

Kahlua's great!!!

I've even put it into little chocolate cups made for Kahlua drinks for guests.Kahlua is the one thing I always seem to have in my home.

• Administrators

For me, Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Gin and tonic, Scotch and soda, and JD are all very welcomed to my lips.Of course I don't rule out much of anything either. ;)

For me' date=' Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Gin and tonic, Scotch and soda, and JD are all very welcomed to my lips.Of course I don't rule out much of anything either. ;)[/quote']Why am I not shocked Tim? :)

Favorite drink: Bourbon or Scotch, unfortunately they haven't figured out how to reduce the hangovers.Have you heard of the Anejo Highball? Supposedly it's getting to be really popular, like the mojito became starting just a few years ago. I'm dying to try this one:1 1/2 oz Anejo rum1/2 oz orange curacao1/2 oz lime juice2 dashes of Angostura bitters... See More2 oz ginger beerlime wheel for garnishorange slice for garnishLet me know if you've tried it...

• Like 1

i drink a beer (25cl) daily , sometimes some wine too . i still enjoy a classic Cuba libre sometimes , Piscu is cool too but it's dangerous you don't feel the alcohol if you don't pay attention you can finish completely drunk . never tried Mojitos , can't wait to try that in fact :)

• 2 weeks later...

Haïti rhum is very good . Guadeloupe and Martinique rhums (for the ones i tasted ..) are good too but they are stronger less delicate . when you drink Guadeloupe and Martinique rhum you have the feeling you're drinking a very strong alcohol when you drink Haïti rhum you have the feeling of drinking something delicate :cheers:

Well there is a lot of goodies out there... but if I had to pick one rightnow I would say Killer Cobra it's... a little bit of vodka, tequila, jägermeister, absinth and kiwijucie...it doesnt really look tasty from the color but it isnt bad at all! :cheers:

I hope I'm spelling this right, but I like Goldschlager. You guys know, the one that tastes like pure cinnamon & has the pieces of gold in it.And Screwdrivers, Apple Martini's, Kamakazi's, Seabreezes....etc.

• 2 years later...

Gin and Tonic, and MojitoHave always been a Gin and Tonic drinker, and like Tanqueray, Tanqueray 10, Bombay Sapphire to name a few as the gin of choice. But.....I found a recipe the other day and tried it last weekend for a Cuban Mojito and thought I'd share it. Really refreshing and smooth. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Genuine-Cuban-MojitoI used bar sugar as it dissolves better, added a little more sugar and more Rum (Bacardi Silver) than called for and used a squeezed lime.

I do have two drinks I really like.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6424[/ATTACH]Straight upAnd Of course Eingefügtes BildScrewdriver,I love my vodka with a passion also

post-10210-13892964698687_thumb.jpg

JD, neat of course. Washed down with a HAHN Super Dry sometimes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6426[/ATTACH]At times both are enjoyed with a nice Cohiba[ATTACH=CONFIG]6427[/ATTACH]

post-1029-1389296469887_thumb.jpg

post-1029-13892964699209_thumb.jpg

post-1029-13892964699514_thumb.jpg

Favorite drink: Bourbon or Scotch' date=' unfortunately they haven't figured out how to reduce the hangovers...[/quote']I know EXACTLY how you feel ;-). Have been a "bottle of JD a week guy" for many years.