radio interview Don with Ron and Ron

2morgen

Don't be disapointed, but Don was intoxicated, and surly. This phone call made the news.We all know he's a hard partying kind of guy.

That was from the RON and RON show in Tampa Bay Florida.I remember hearing it love. Don was drunk, and I do believe he could kick Ron's Azz! Don should have hung the phone up, I still believe Ron baited him and then sold the story to the tabloids. Just my fuzzy recollection from WAYYYY back! (I think 1989-1990 ish?)

That was from the RON and RON show in Tampa Bay Florida.I remember hearing it love. Don was drunk' date=' and I do believe he could kick Ron's Azz! Don should have hung the phone up, I still believe Ron baited him and then sold the story to the tabloids. Just my fuzzy recollection from WAYYYY back! (I think 1989-1990 ish?)[/quote']I thought this was a recent interview :confused: He said "Bubba" maybe it was pretty recent!!!Who is his wife that they are talking about?Big question : Why are interviewers always luring him into a fight? Are they jealous of him?I wish he did kick those guys ass! :thumbsup::fireworks:

The first question was calculated to enrage DJ. "How much money in Planet Hollywood" it all went downhill from there! I'd like to kick those guys' asses! :dance2:

I think it was Melanie

I thought this was a recent interview :confused: He said "Bubba" maybe it was pretty recent!!!Who is his wife that they are talking about?....QUOTE]I think the 'wife' he was talking about was Melanie Grifith. I thought he said something about Mel wouldn't like it or something to that effect. He mentioned Planet Hollywood opening up in Miami, wasn't that in the late 80's (isn't it belly-up now?) I've heard part of this inteview on one of the DJ biography I think it was CNBC's Headliners and healines biography of DJ. at any rate which ever biography it was they played the snippet where DJ said he was famous and could do anything he wanted, so I think this was that interview it was from and that was in the late 80's or early 90's.Just a thought.

Don't be disapointed' date=' but Don was intoxicated, and surly. This phone call made the news.We all know he's a hard partying kind of guy.[/quote']O but I wasn't disapointed just wondering what it was all about.I already thought he wasn't there so to speak.;) and I know he likes to party.Ron and Ron also were evoking ( the right word?) him to react that way.

I have found this radio interview on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzDahr6OC4cI don't know what to think of it. In the begining I doubted it was him.

Yeah, I has the same thought at the beginning... till I realized it was THAT famous radio-show I've heard so much about... :D Honestly, I don't really get all this fuss made around it at the time - it's just silly talk of a drunken guy and nothing more. And I feel rather sympathetic with Don concerning this one. I mean, would anybody give a damn if he wasn't a celebrity? The saddest part is that I've read some quotes from this unfortunate "interview" in articles about him (and more than once), listed just as quotes, without any explanation, as if he had said all this stupid stuff being totally in his right mind! :rolleyes:Those press guys can be totally ruthless in order to create one more silly "sensation"...By the way, I'm curious about one thing I didn't understand - was that phone call planned before, like an interview, or was it just random, like "oh, why don't we just call Don Johnson right now and see what he's up to?" :confused:

I thought this was a recent interview :confused: He said "Bubba" maybe it was pretty recent!!!Who is his wife that they are talking about?....QUOTE]I think the 'wife' he was talking about was Melanie Grifith. I thought he said something about Mel wouldn't like it or something to that effect. He mentioned Planet Hollywood opening up in Miami' date=' wasn't that in the late 80's (isn't it belly-up now?) I've heard part of this inteview on one of the DJ biography I think it was CNBC's Headliners and healines biography of DJ. at any rate which ever biography it was they played the snippet where DJ said he was famous and could do anything he wanted' date=' so I think this was that interview it was from and that was in the late 80's or early 90's.Just a thought.[/quote'']Thanks, Nancy! :cheers:

I can't remember, didn't Don say, "I have more money than you." when he said he was well loved by the people.I agree, I'm not sure why this made the news as much as it did, as this interview was really no big deal if you really think about it.:)

Yes, he said smth like "I'll say whatever I want because I'm rich, I'm famous and I'm bigger than you"... Right after Ron and Ron started reproaching him for using bad language. :D And this particular phrase is the most quoted - an easy way to make DJ look like an arrogant idiot, if you don't know the context, and especially that he was drunk. I think if all this situation happened somewhere in a bar and between plain folks, it could just lead to a good old-fashioned fight... :D Someone would kick someone else's ass, and after that everybody would go home to their wives.... maybe would spend a night at a police station, but no more than that... LOL

Well' date='......he's drunk allright:) Don't like the interview. He's making a fool of himself imo.[/quote']You bet he is... and who wouldn't make a fool of himself in such... um... state of mind... :D

DJ doesn't sound 'falling down drunk', but he does sound hung over. Still.... those guys were trying to get him agitated and it worked! One Ron said he didn't like DJ.

awful to hear - I think the radio jocks were intent on winding him up , but Don was definately drunk or hung over.This was a bad time for him , his movie career was stalling which was clearly frustrating him , he was drinking heavily and Melanie & he were having serious problems which ultimately led to their divorce .