Save SAAB

omaha

Omaha is sad because his favorite carbrand SAAB is allmost dead. With a deadline to sell Saab by December 31, General Motors ended negotiations with a potential buyer Friday and said it will begin an orderly windup of Saab early in 2010 unless another buyer emerges. My SAAB 9-3 special edition and full presure turbo (185 horsepower and 0-100 km/hr in 7.3 seconds:cool:)is the most beautifull car there is. Even more beautifull than C&B's Alfa:)In Europe and the USA (mainly east coast) the SAAB population is protesting on the internet and papers to prevend General Motors to let Saab die.Just wanted you to know that. Miami Vice, and it's forum is a place for nice cars. That's why.

• Administrators

It's a new world out there in the automotive industry. Over the years I've watched the demise of DeSoto, then Plymouth from the Chrysler Corporation. More recently it's been Oldsmobile and Pontiac. Saab is just the latest casualty. It's all just numbers to them, they don't care about how we feel.

Guest neworder

I was pretty hacked off at Pontiac going, they had such a good pedigree and cool brand identity, much better than Buick anyway, they should have ditched Buick! Not too sad about Oldsmobile though!As for Saab, they used to be good cars before GM came along. Saab's became tarted up Opel/Vauxhall's and they didn't replace their cars fast enough, the 9-5 has been on sale for a decade with little changing. I hope they are saved because they have a good brand image, they just need to make good cars again!

Omaha is sad because his favorite carbrand SAAB is allmost dead. With a deadline to sell Saab by December 31' date=' General Motors ended negotiations with a potential buyer Friday and said it will begin an orderly windup of Saab early in 2010 unless another buyer emerges. My SAAB 9-3 special edition and full presure turbo (185 horsepower and 0-100 km/hr in 7.3 seconds:cool:)is the most beautifull car there is. Even more beautifull than C&B's Alfa:)In Europe and the USA (mainly east coast) the SAAB population is protesting on the internet and papers to prevend General Motors to let Saab die.Just wanted you to know that. Miami Vice, and it's forum is a place for nice cars. That's why.[/quote']I feel bad too... like many Swedes we are very sad about if such a big traditional brand as Saab would die... my first car was a white 1984 Saab 900 Turbo (16v, and intercooler)...175hp!! it was my Testarossa substitue hehe let's hope that Saab will make it!

Guest neworder

I think Fiat are planning to bring Alfa Romeo into the U.S market because Fiat own Alfa Romeo and of course recently purchased Dodge/Chrysler. Impression I get is that Alfa's are going to replace much of the Chrysler line up because Dodge has a decent brand image, Chrysler less so and of course Alfa has better prestige than both put together. So I think there will be Alfa's in the U.S over the next couple of years as well as Fiat's re-badged as Chrysler's/Dodge's. I do hope Fiat don't mess too much with the 300C/Charger and Ram line ups, I love those cars.

Isn't SATURN done also?

Yes.Roger Penske was supposed to be their knight in shining armor when the deal was announced, but then he backed out and isn't buying. Goes to show what a smart guy he is - you don't see his name everywhere on rental trucks for nothing. Not a good time to be a car manufacturer - at least not in the US - in China maybe.

I was pretty hacked off at Pontiac going' date=' they had such a good pedigree and cool brand identity, much better than Buick anyway, they should have ditched Buick! Not too sad about Oldsmobile though!As for Saab, they used to be good cars before GM came along. Saab's became tarted up Opel/Vauxhall's and they didn't replace their cars fast enough, the 9-5 has been on sale for a decade with little changing. I hope they are saved because they have a good brand image, they just need to make good cars again![/quote']Thanks Man! :cheers:

I feel bad too... like many Swedes we are very sad about if such a big traditional brand as Saab would die... my first car was a white 1984 Saab 900 Turbo (16v' date=' and intercooler)...175hp!! it was my Testarossa substitue hehe let's hope that Saab will make it![/quote']Good for you man and a beautifull car that was!:cheers:BTW: the Saab 9000 could actually outrun a Testarossa from 0-70 km/hr.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like you to read this, I will be there!INTRODUCTIONSunday, January 17th, 2010 : The day enthousiastic Saab owners will show that their Saabs are still going strong !Recently there has been a lot of media attention for Saab. Companies from the Far East, sport car builders from Sweden and even the Dutch company Spyker have been named as candidates to take over Saab. Although not much is clear at this moment, one thing is for sure: GM will sell or end Saab.Most of the news has been grim, pointing at bad weather ahead. Saabs, though, are built for Sweden, land of ice and snow and roads that are hard to drive. They’re not afraid of some bad weather.Whatever the future of Saab will be, it will never disappear. There are simply too many fanatical and dedicated Saab owners. Even when the production lines stop, Saabs will survive and embellish the roads for ever. Saab is totally different from characterless cars from America, Korea and Japan. Saab has character! Saab has an easily recognized vision and identity.The same goes for Saab owners that drive their cars with pride and pleasure, against the grain of characterless metal. Saab drivers are creative people, enterprising and exploring. This character of the Saab drivers will make the Saab Support Convoy a success!We are going to give Saab some positive media attention to support our brand. We will support Saab! People will talk about it during their diner: “Guess what I’ve seen today… beautiful… beautiful cars.. and a proud group of car ownersâ€Perhaps in the US on the news....Your pal Omaha

Good for you man and a beautifull car that was!:cheers:BTW: the Saab 9000 could actually outrun a Testarossa from 0-70 km/hr.

Yes I really had a great time with that car! a real sleeper no signs on saying it was a turbo, no styling, no fancy rims it just looked as a regular old Saab...and I loved to see people in reaction as they were getting surpriced by the acceleration of the car.oh yes the Saab 9000 Turbos!...tuning the turbo on one of those and you had a insane car!! back then Saab were really ahead of many other manufacturers when it was about turbos.