PRE PILOT DON/FERRARI PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

Very possible. It was interesting to learn that Florence Italy was actually filmed and aired before the Grand Prix that year. I had always assumed that it was shot as the Grand Prix was going on. I will have to go back and watch it to see how much is "stock footage" and how much was shot specificly for the show.

Very possible. It was interesting to learn that Florence Italy was actually filmed and aired before the Grand Prix that year. I had always assumed that it was shot as the Grand Prix was going on. I will have to go back and watch it to see how much is "stock footage" and how much was shot specificly for the show.

Perhpaps it took a while to set up the Grand Prix by turning the streets into a race track so they could shoot before the actual race. Perhaps the cars practice long in advance of the actual race.

Good data, Jurrasicnarc. I had to put it all down on a piece of paper to follow all the dates and events. Obviously, the pictures were taken after the original pilot had aired (unless they were taken way before the pilot was even filmed) - but maybe before the second or third airing of the pilot movie. Don's hair looks longer in photos 1, 2 & 3 - can you tell anything from that? The convertible Cadillacs were produced as 1984 and 85 models only. I may be missing something but I still don't see anything that will allow us to say whether pictures 1, 2 & 4 were taken earlier or later than picture 3.

Perhpaps it took a while to set up the Grand Prix by turning the streets into a race track so they could shoot before the actual race. Perhaps the cars practice long in advance of the actual race.

Very likely. For the 96 Olympics we had streets closed for several weeks in advance. And I think the shots you see with the principal cast in Florence Italy are shot in a park. I can't imagine that the city didn't have to provide the opportunity for some practice runs by drivers.JN

Good data' date=' Jurrasicnarc. I had to put it all down on a piece of paper to follow all the dates and events. Obviously, the pictures were taken after the original pilot had aired (unless they were taken way before the pilot was even filmed) - but maybe before the second or third airing of the pilot movie. Don's hair looks longer in photos 1, 2 & 3 - can you tell anything from that? The convertible Cadillacs were produced as 1984 and 85 models only. I may be missing something but I still don't see anything that will allow us to say whether pictures 1, 2 & 4 were taken earlier or later than picture 3.[/quote']I agree. The only sure bet is that the 1,2 and 4 photos were taken during Season One. The Ferrari logo on the 76 Vette based car was moved to between the headlights by Season Two.But I had a lot of fun trying to figure it out.JN

Very cool. I still can't believe how you find these!Thanks as always' date=' Coop![/quote']I have to admit, it's FUN to find and post things for you, and the other members here! :thumbsup:I LOVE the feedback! :cheers:

• 1 year later...

So much interest in the Daytona as of late made me think I should bring up more of my Daytona threads. (or you could visit the scrapbook section and the other Daytona info there too)

great' date=' great, great...you´re the "Über-Miami-Vice-Man" !!![/quote']Thanks!Keep you eyes peeled, because I have more MIAMI VICE items I'll be posting soon. ;)