Don Johnson at San Francisco Pepsi Convention Feb 1, 1986

DJAngel

Here are my pictures from when we went to San Francisco on February 1, 1986, to see Don. He was one of the celebrities chosen to participate in the Convention that year. The celebrities were Don, Glenn Frey, Michael J. Fox, and Billy Crystal. We, of course, were not able to attend the convention, but we did see Don a few times, Michael J. Fox, and Glenn Frey. I have the article from the SF Examiner reporting on the convention - somewhere, but can't find right now. You can see the Pepsi Commercial on YouTube:)

Nice! A few years later Don filmed his TV show "Nash Bridges" in San Francisco and he later opened a restaurant there (Ana Mandara).

Oh yes, and he still had Ronny by his side! :DVery interesting, thanks for posting it, DJAngel. I agree with Coop - wouldn't mind to hang out with you and your friends... LOL

Feb 1, 1986 was our first time seeing Don in person. The minute we read he was going to be in SF for the Pepsi Con, we knew we just had to give it a try. Hanging out at the Fairmont Hotel was an all-day thing. No guarantees, but we were very focused on seeing Don:) So we waited and waited and waited. Some of the pics were taken at night where the Con was held, which I don't remember now (and still can't find the article in SF Examiner that gives all the specifics of what, where, who. Soon as I find it, I'll post it here). I wrote a trip story for all of our DJ trips except this first time. Wish I would have written one for this as a lot of details are forgotten.C&B and Cheetah - That would have been fun hanging with you watching NB filming!

Oh, don't remind me... *Sigh* By the way, does anyone know any nice site with stories about "Nash Bridges" filming? I mean besides "Nashbits"...

Oh' date=' don't remind me... *Sigh* By the way, does anyone know any nice site with stories about "Nash Bridges" filming? I mean besides "Nashbits"...[/quote']Cheetah, if you search 'Nash Bridges' here on .ws, you will find my trip stories and pictures of seeing Don film NB in San Francisco.Sorry, don't know of other websites with stories about NB filming.

News articles about the Pepsi ConFound the news articles about the 1986 SF Pepsi Convention:)Hope you can read them. How to make them bigger:confused:

post-20-13892963036049_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963036183_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963036393_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963036477_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963036563_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

That article reminds me of dining out in the 80's. Restaurants, many not even upscale, had signs out front that said "No Miami Vice!" meaning no T-shirt / jacket!

Don tried to dine out without a tie..some restaurant on Snob Hill turned him away:rolleyes:

Not letting DON JOHNSON eat there????????Bad business.Next time I'm in the city, guess where I WON'T be eating.

C&B' date=' I don't think that restaurant is still open. I searched on it, and could not find it.[/quote']It's because I never ate there due to the nixing of Don Johnson. ;)It's what they deserved. Crockett's my hero. :thumbsup:

Don tried to dine out without a tie..some restaurant on Snob Hill turned him away:rolleyes:

*ROFL* *ROFL* *ROFL* Right, surely not the proper time to ask for Don's autograph.... :DThanks for the articles, DJAngel. I could read all of them besides "Style". :)