Synthesizer in Heartbeat - Red 7

Joe

Does someone has an idea, which synthesizer is used in Hearbeat.During the whole song, there´s a sound layer (or sound tapestry?) in the background.I would say, this is a typical 80s Synth.

thanks Fman.i always liked this great strings sound, too. it's hard to pinpoint the actual synth used here. it is really nice smooth sound, with good filters, which makes me think of the Roland Jupiter 8.to help narrow it down, i'm almost sure it is an analog synth, and it is polyphonic.there were relatively few professional synths at this time that covered the breadth of major record label material. You could probably dial this sound up on a Memorymoog or a Prophet 5 to name a couple more legends.if you are literally trying to obtain a synth to make that exact sound here are your options:1. get ready to drop $2-4K on one of the dinosaurs mentioned above that may or may not work properly after 25 years of use.2. there are a couple of respectable all analog polys on the market today: alesis andromeda and dave smith prophet 8. both are in the $2-3K range and are very well respected in the synth community.3. do like me and get a roland juno-106. for $300-400 on ebay you cannot buy a more fun, better sounding synth. the sounds are far inferior to option 1, but you can get pretty close sometimes. the juno soars in the strings department. i dialed this sound up in about 3 minutes just now. it's not exact, but it sounds way closer than any of the analog modelers on the market today (that cost a lot more than $300). see what you think:http://www.box.net/shared/7i63s4df5nit sounds a little harsh there just naked like that, but i think it would sound almost spot on in the mix.you can google any of the synths i mentioned for further research, or PM me if you like.

unbeliebable how close your sound sample is to the original, nofretz! Great work!BTW: the first Red7 album was produced by Michael Rutherford from Genesis.

... great work, nofretz & an interesting thread.One more piece of information, last summer the Red 7 album was released in great remastered quality from Renaissance Records. An excellent $10 investment if you ask me !

unbeliebable how close your sound sample is to the original' date=' nofretz! Great work!BTW: the first Red7 album was produced by Michael Rutherford from Genesis.[/quote']thanks tom. having the right equipment makes all the difference in the world.
... great work' date=' nofretz & an interesting thread.One more piece of information, last summer the Red 7 album was released in great remastered quality from Renaissance Records. An excellent $10 investment if you ask me ![/quote']thanks dan! i'll def. pick that up. i love this song. the vocal always sounded like peter gabriel to me, and that's always cool!

Where do you get a juno 60 vst ???

i have heard of this. i'm sure it can be downloaded somewhere. i've heard good and bad about it. i would say that a sound like this would not be too hard. being a soft synth, i doubt it would sound as smooth as a real juno, let alone a jupiter 8 or memorymoog. if you do get it, let me know how it goes. good luck!

i have heard of this. i'm sure it can be downloaded somewhere. i've heard good and bad about it. i would say that a sound like this would not be too hard. being a soft synth' date=' i doubt it would sound as smooth as a real juno, let alone a jupiter 8 or memorymoog. if you do get it, let me know how it goes. good luck![/quote']Thanks, Dadrian !