BURGER KING TO SELL BEER!!!!

Maria714

Burger King bar will open in Florida serving beer and Whoppers around the clock. Burger King Corporation announced Friday that their Whopper Bar will open in South Beach, Florida in February. The Burger King bar will offer beer and Whopper’s 24-hours a day. Burger King was the first US fast food restaurant to sell beer.In a Burger King statement released Friday, "Not only is South Beach in our backyard, but the warm weather, famous nightlife and colorful personality of the destination make it a great fit for a Whopper Bar restaurant," said Chuck Fallon, Burger King's president.In addition to serving the Whopper sandwich, the Burger King bar will sell an exclusive sandwich called the Black & Bleu Steakhouse XT. Customers can choose from twenty different sauces.The South Beach location will offer a selection of American beers including, Anheuser-Busch, Miller Coors, Budweiser, Miller Lite and Budlight Lime.Burger King opened the first Whopper Bar in early 2009 at the Universal Orlando Resort, and shortly afterwards bars opened in Munich, Singapore and Venezuela. Burger King listed other possible city locations in Las Vegas, New York City and Los Angeles sometime in the near future.The liquor laws in Salt Lake City would make it difficult for a Burger King bar to open in the state of Utah. Although beer can be purchased from a grocery store in Utah, a certain type of liquor law is required to sell it in a bar.

I guess the beer will make the Whopper taste better. Can you serve beer 24 hours a day in FL?

From my days of clubbing Gary, alcohol, in general, could be sold at all hours. At least, I never heard of there being a limit as to when alcohol sales would have to stop. But I can already foresee there being an issue with this & underage drinking.:rolleyes:Or rather, I can already foresee this making the already growing problem of underage drinking a lot worse than it already is. But that's just my opinion though.

If this is all Burger Kings which I doubt I won't be able to go there in Ohio as any place that serves alcohol is off limits for anyone who has a conceal carry license. FL and other states are different.

If this is all Burger Kings which I doubt I won't be able to go there in Ohio as any place that serves alcohol is off limits for anyone who has a conceal carry license. FL and other states are different.

When I got my first conceal carry permit in Indiana in 1977, they called it an "Unlimited license." It REALLY makes me angry when I see how they have chipped away at that. Florida is on the right track making employers honor them...should do this everywhere.I remember several Taco Restaurents selling beer when I lived in Lauderdale. Wasn't Taco Smell, someone may remember. They should make Homer Simpson the spokesperson for Burger King,"Beeeer!" ...Just in time for the Super Bowl. Go Colts!:clap::clap::clap:

From my days of clubbing Gary' date=' alcohol, in general, could be sold at all hours. At least, I never heard of there being a limit as to when alcohol sales would have to stop. But I can already foresee there being an issue with this & underage drinking.:rolleyes:Or rather, I can already foresee this making the already growing problem of underage drinking a lot worse than it already is. But that's just my opinion though.[/quote']When I first read that, I thought you clubbed Gary.Poor guy!:D:D:D

clubbed Gary.Poor guy!:D:D:D

No No No!!!!:eek: LOL!!!!:) I meant to say to Gary that, from my days of clubbing, I don't remember there being a set time as to when alcohol sales would have to stop for the evening.Maybe I should have phrased it differently....My Bad!!!!:oGary, I hope that you understood what I meant to say!!!!:o:);)

What's that picture from with Don in a Fedora in your signature' date=' Maria?[/quote']Actually Maynard, I got that picture from some that Cooper & Burnett posted on his thread entitled "Miscellaneous Vice Photos".;)Now, what movie Don was doing at the time that photo was taken, Cooper & Burnett would probably know A LOT more than I do. I just LOVE how he looks in that picture.:happy: But then again, I LOVE the way this man looks in ANY picture.:happy:

Burger King bar will open in Florida serving beer and Whoppers around the clock. Burger King Corporation announced Friday that their Whopper Bar will open in South Beach' date=' Florida in February. The Burger King bar will offer beer and Whopper’s 24-hours a day. Burger King was the first US fast food restaurant to sell beer.In a Burger King statement released Friday, "Not only is South Beach in our backyard, but the warm weather, famous nightlife and colorful personality of the destination make it a great fit for a Whopper Bar restaurant," said Chuck Fallon, Burger King's president.In addition to serving the Whopper sandwich, the Burger King bar will sell an exclusive sandwich called the Black & Bleu Steakhouse XT. Customers can choose from twenty different sauces.The South Beach location will offer a selection of American beers including, Anheuser-Busch, Miller Coors, Budweiser, Miller Lite and Budlight Lime.Burger King opened the first Whopper Bar in early 2009 at the Universal Orlando Resort, and shortly afterwards bars opened in Munich, Singapore and Venezuela. Burger King listed other possible city locations in Las Vegas, New York City and Los Angeles sometime in the near future.The liquor laws in Salt Lake City would make it difficult for a Burger King bar to open in the state of Utah. Although beer can be purchased from a grocery store in Utah, a certain type of liquor law is required to sell it in a bar.[/quote']Interesting comment about BK's backyard. I flew through & out of Miami on Monday night/Tues AM and noticed Burger King building just off the runway--must be their HQ?

Interesting comment about BK's backyard. I flew through & out of Miami on Monday night/Tues AM and noticed Burger King building just off the runway--must be their HQ?
Actually Sonny-Burnett' date=' you are right.:thumbsup: Burger King's Headquarters ARE located on Blue Lagoon Drive very close to Miami International Airport.The Headquarters CAN actually be seen when taking off from the runway. Here's a little bit of information that I found for you on Wikipedia.Burger King is headquartered in a nine-story office tower by Miami International Airport.[77'] Elaine Walker of the Miami Herald stated that the headquarters has a "Burger King" sign that drivers on Florida State Road 836 "can't miss." In addition the chain planned to build a neon sign on the roof to advertise the brand to passengers landing at the airport. 130 employees began working at the Burger King headquarters on Monday July 8, 2002, with the remainder to move in phrases in August 2002. Prior to the moving to its current headquarters in 2002, Burger King had considered moving away from the Miami area; Miami-Dade County politicians and leaders lobbied against this, and Burger King stayed in the area.[78]The company's previous headquarters were in a southern Dade County campus described by Walker as "sprawling" and "virtually hidden away."[78] The former headquarters were located in the Cutler census-designated place;[79][80] since then the area incorporated into the Village of Palmetto Bay.[81] The former Burger King headquarters as of 2007 houses rental offices for several companies.[82]By 2006 Burger King had announced that it planned to move its headquarters to a proposed office building in Coral Gables.[83] By 2007 Burger King instead renewed the lease in its existing headquarters for 15 years. Burger King planned to consolidate employees working at an area near Miami International Airport and at a Dadeland Mall-area facility into the current headquarters by June of that year. Instead Bacardi USA leased the headquarter complex, a 15-story building.[82]

I didn't know they built the newer headquarters. I delivered lumber to the other one in the 80's, it was almost hidden in the trees...quite a spread, high tech for the times.

I looove Burger King but I hope they keep a limit on how many cups of beer they serve a person, when I go into a Burger King the last thing I want is some guy drunk stumbling around like Inspector Clouseau in a funhouse!This won't last long though, you'll get the parent board groups to come crying crocodile tears saying it's inflicting mental damage on precious children by turning them into some kind of beer drinking serial killer or something as they usually do when something like this happens, even if they keep the cups to a minimum.

• Administrators

Thankfully Florida is smart enough to only bar you from carrying in a...well...bar! :)

Jay Leno said, "If you think the King in the Burger King ads is creapy now,... wait till you see him drunk!!"

A Whopper combo (with the addition of this beer in special aluminum bottles designed to keep your brew extra cold for $4.25 each) or it will drive your total to $7.99 in a meal. So I have to ask. Where's the 'value' behind the 'value meal'? I'd also like to know if you can order beer in a BK drive-thru as well? That being said, wouldn't that create a whole slew of other unforseen problems? I would imagine now it's competitors (McDonald's, Wendy's, etc.) to follow suit in the not too distant future.