MV on Golden Girls

Dadrian

has this ever been discussed?my wife and i watch golden girls reruns from time to time. an episode came on last night i'd never seen before.Golden Girls ep. 17 (2/1/86 season 1) features a full blown miami vicer decked out in full crockett attire. the show is discussed heavily in one particular scene about midway thru. pretty cool.if you wanna check it out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7TBR0VciIi didn't check, but the MV dude probably appears somewhere in the 2/3 video.

has this ever been discussed?my wife and i watch golden girls reruns from time to time. an episode came on last night i'd never seen before.Golden Girls ep. 17 (2/1/86 season 1) features a full blown miami vicer decked out in full crockett attire. the show is discussed heavily in one particular scene about midway thru. pretty cool.if you wanna check it out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7TBR0VciIi didn't check' date=' but the MV dude probably appears somewhere in the 2/3 video.[/quote']Yeah, I actually knew about & saw that episode Nofretz. I believe it was either Dorothy's Daughter or Blanche's Daughter who were involved with a very BAD looking version of Sonny Crockett. Sonny Crockett is often immitated but never duplicated.:dance2::)

yes, it was blanche's neice, i think. the guy was pretty awful, but i think they did that on purpose because so many guys were trying to impress the ladies with sonny's look. i know i was :) and i was only 7!

yes' date=' it was blanche's neice, i think. the guy was pretty awful, but i think they did that on purpose because so many guys were trying to impress the ladies with sonny's look. i know i was :) and i was only 7![/quote']That's who it was, Blanche's Niece.:eek: I kinda lost it all after seeing that HORRIBLE impression of MY Sonny who I adore.:happy: But I knew that she was either related to Dorothy or Blanche.You started really young Nofretz, too young to be exact.:)

Actually my mother told me about it when they showed the rerun on cable just reciently. She called to let me know, as she knows about my "MIAMI VICEISM." :):thumbsup:

Actually my mother told me about it when they showed the rerun on cable just reciently. She called to let me know' date=' as she knows about my "MIAMI VICEISM." :):thumbsup:[/quote']Really??? We all thought you were a "closet Vicer" :tasse_prost:(after all...you have all the blazers!)Seems that vice has influence over many things then........................

it was probably not filmed there (at least the sets), but i think GG was set in Miami (kind of like CSI). i think i've heard them mention it more than once in the show. with MV being so popular in 85-86 era, an allusion was inevitable, right?

Really??? We all thought you were a "closet Vicer" :tasse_prost:(after all...you have all the blazers!)Seems that vice has influence over many things then........................

Cute Stinger...Cute. :):clap:

• 1 month later...
yes' date=' it was blanche's neice, i think. the guy was pretty awful, but i think they did that on purpose because so many guys were trying to impress the ladies with sonny's look. i know i was :) and i was only 7![/quote']heh heh. I went to Middle and High school in Southern FL in the 80's. I only saw two guys back then who came to school dressed like that, they got a lot of grief over it.

There is one more episode that I can think of in Golden Girls, where Miami Vice is mentioned yet again. It's the episode where Blanche, Dorothy & Rose go to this banquet where they believe that they will be receiving an award, and they are sick. Ends up that Sophia is the one who gets the award.Well, in that episode, they state that Don Johnson was supposed to make an appearance, but couldn't.... so the wardrobe department sent his clothes that he was to wear that night in his place. Anyone know the episode I am talking about?:confused:

i'll ask my wife. she is a GG expert.

Thanks Nofretz!!!! I just saw this episode a couple of nights ago, but for the life of me can't remember when it was aired, or how to even find it on Youtube.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

What is the deal with all the Betty White craze going on? I mean she was hotter than Blanche Devereaux, who was just a skeeza, but much older. Now she's a revitalized pop icon? Anyway, the SNL with B.W. was pretty funny.